No announcement yet.

The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy shit...mind you i remember in dublin we bought a house in tymon heights that the couple separated and he refused to sell the house.. we were in a mess we had to move in with my dad for a couple of weeks while we raced around looking for a house we ended up buying in old bawn....i think they had to pay some cash though to get out of the deal......worked out cos we could stay with my dad and the kids were tiny..but it had the potential to be a huge feck up..

Comment

• That was a bad experience MK. I had a nasty one when I was moving into my present house. The surveyor came out and checked out my old house, all was well and I was told the buyer had loan approval from the bank. On the day of the move the van came and took all the furniture, even my thyroid tablets went into the van. I had two cats in boxes to transport and my son was driving me and the cats to the new house. As the van left I got a phone call from the Solicitor to say yur man had not got loan approval. I almost had a heart attack because both deposts were paid, but there was a condition that the move had to take place within a certain number of days, I think it was three days. This was a Friday and the following Monday was a bank holiday. I was nearly sick at this stage. The Solicitor for the buyer was very understanding and agreed to give me another few days, but would not extend i beyond that time if all was not sorted by ten.

It turned out that the buyer for my place was getting two loans, and he was using one loan and part of the other to buy the house. The surveyor from the Ulster Bank ticked all the boxes on one of the forms, but left one box unticked on the other. This was not noticed until it was time to write the cheque. So he had one loan, but not the other. I rang the Bank and had strong words, the manager was not there, his deputy was not there either. In fact I was told that there was nobody there who had any authority to sort anything out for me. Eventually the buyer offered to pay what he had from the first loan, and pay the rest when the second loan was approved. At first I said no because I didn't know the man or if he was trustworthy. But I changed my mind, I had more to lose by not accepting. He kept his word, but the loan didn't go through for another week. In the meantime I was staying with a friend as I had no furniture in the house. It was a fiasco and it cost me too. I had to put the cats in a cattery and that was not cheap. Every day I had to visit the old house to check all was ok. The alarm was still working, but because I closed my account, the monitoring system was not working.

I think I aged about thirty years in one week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        Definitely avoid the Trumpet Katie
        So, decided on the Pig and Whistle.......Whistle being an abbreviation of Tettenhall Tin Whistle.......

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          So, decided on the Pig and Whistle.......Whistle being an abbreviation of Tettenhall Tin Whistle.......
          I believe an apple was named after the town.

THE future is no longer looking pear-shaped for Britain’s rarest fruit – Tettenhall Dick is back from the brink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
            I believe an apple was named after the town.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...e-brink-230071
            It's a pear, Napper.......Tettenhall Dick.......I wonder if the description of it as "small (and) hard was deliberate lol

Comment

• should really save this for the first Pig & Whistle issue, but it was a scoop the Bugle could not pass over
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                That was a bad experience MK. I had a nasty one when I was moving into my present house. The surveyor came out and checked out my old house, all was well and I was told the buyer had loan approval from the bank. On the day of the move the van came and took all the furniture, even my thyroid tablets went into the van. I had two cats in boxes to transport and my son was driving me and the cats to the new house. As the van left I got a phone call from the Solicitor to say yur man had not got loan approval. I almost had a heart attack because both deposts were paid, but there was a condition that the move had to take place within a certain number of days, I think it was three days. This was a Friday and the following Monday was a bank holiday. I was nearly sick at this stage. The Solicitor for the buyer was very understanding and agreed to give me another few days, but would not extend i beyond that time if all was not sorted by ten.

It turned out that the buyer for my place was getting two loans, and he was using one loan and part of the other to buy the house. The surveyor from the Ulster Bank ticked all the boxes on one of the forms, but left one box unticked on the other. This was not noticed until it was time to write the cheque. So he had one loan, but not the other. I rang the Bank and had strong words, the manager was not there, his deputy was not there either. In fact I was told that there was nobody there who had any authority to sort anything out for me. Eventually the buyer offered to pay what he had from the first loan, and pay the rest when the second loan was approved. At first I said no because I didn't know the man or if he was trustworthy. But I changed my mind, I had more to lose by not accepting. He kept his word, but the loan didn't go through for another week. In the meantime I was staying with a friend as I had no furniture in the house. It was a fiasco and it cost me too. I had to put the cats in a cattery and that was not cheap. Every day I had to visit the old house to check all was ok. The alarm was still working, but because I closed my account, the monitoring system was not working.

I think I aged about thirty years in one week.
                OMG there was something seriously wrong in the whole deal there Vic ...id have gone absolutely crazy too...so stressful...I worked as a paralegal in dublin and did last minute searches on house sales....the lawyers failed totally in their duty to protect you........this shouldnt have happened....but like you say at the 11th hr you have more to lose than not......we had an incident happen with moving into a house here one time......the deal closed at 11am...and we didnt get out to the house till 4pm........the sister of the previous owner was camped out in the kitchen saying shed move when she was ready....my movers were outside her furniture still inside.....we coulda had a huge row...but instead i called the police and reported a trespasser.......she was gone within the hour....seems shed decided she wasnt ready to move that day hahhahaa...... thank god we never had any other issues.....and weve bought and sold quite a bit

Comment

• Thanks to Vico and MKM for their contributions to the Moving Day Horrors section........you'll each be receiving a JML foot scraper for your efforts. Look out for more exciting prizes - only in your favourite British periodical......

Comment

• hahahaa listen i wouldnt wish this on you........ever lol..but a funny story....friend of mine bought a condo in toronto....she sent her sister ahead to the condo to open it up for movers....and when the movers arrived...they found a huge row going on....shed come up the elevator....noticed the door was open and people moving out...caught the door and unloaded the stuff she had in her car.......Into the wrong apt hehee....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      hahahaa listen i wouldnt wish this on you........ever lol..but a funny story....friend of mine bought a condo in toronto....she sent her sister ahead to the condo to open it up for movers....and when the movers arrived...they found a huge row going on....shed come up the elevator....noticed the door was open and people moving out...caught the door and unloaded the stuff she had in her car.......Into the wrong apt hehee....
                      you get a JML Banana Case for that one, MKM.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                        hahahaa listen i wouldnt wish this on you........ever lol..but a funny story....friend of mine bought a condo in toronto....she sent her sister ahead to the condo to open it up for movers....and when the movers arrived...they found a huge row going on....shed come up the elevator....noticed the door was open and people moving out...caught the door and unloaded the stuff she had in her car.......Into the wrong apt hehee....
                        WTF :-):-):-):-):-)
                        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• I remember one time in the sixties, myself and now wife were on a mystery tour from dublin, it went to wexford [the wexford strawberry festival was on] we were walking about the town and for some reason we were looking at a house for sale ,there was a standing sign on the footpath, the door opened directly on to the street,
                          we went in didn`t see anyone about so we had a look in the front room first then up the stairs and saw the two bedrooms , down the stairs and through to the little 'scullery' , there was a man sitting at the table eating a sandwinch and drinking a mug of tea, he was as surprised as we were , he was o.k about the intrusion, he came outside with us and moved the sign a few feet and said 'that's the house' next door.
                          in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                            I remember one time in the sixties, myself and now wife were on a mystery tour from dublin, it went to wexford [the wexford strawberry festival was on] we were walking about the town and for some reason we were looking at a house for sale ,there was a standing sign on the footpath, the door opened directly on to the street,
                            we went in didn`t see anyone about so we had a look in the front room first then up the stairs and saw the two bedrooms , down the stairs and through to the little 'scullery' , there was a man sitting at the table eating a sandwinch and drinking a mug of tea, he was as surprised as we were , he was o.k about the intrusion, he came outside with us and moved the sign a few feet and said 'that's the house' next door.
                            ha ha!

Comment

I remember one time in the sixties, myself and now wife were on a mystery tour from dublin, it went to wexford [the wexford strawberry festival was on] we were walking about the town and for some reason we were looking at a house for sale ,there was a standing sign on the footpath, the door opened directly on to the street,
                              Did you buy the sandwich......
                              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Ha Ha....good one Cosmo..

Comment

Working...
                                X