No announcement yet.

What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a (used) book from a UK Bookstore on Amazon , book was advertised in very good condition, that's why I bought it, when it arrived it was in excellent condition and I was delighted ......on opening the book there was a sticker on the inside & outside cover stating this is the property of "Aberdeenshire Libraries" and on the opposite page a list of dates it was taken out of the Library by readers.....I would hate to think that a person took it out and sold it on to a book shop.....if that happened wouldn't you think the shop wouldn't send it out with stickers stating where it came from and where it now should be.....feel a bit Perturbed having it now....
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      Ordered a (used) book from a UK Bookstore on Amazon , book was advertised in very good condition, that's why I bought it, when it arrived it was in excellent condition and I was delighted ......on opening the book there was a sticker on the inside & outside cover stating this is the property of "Aberdeenshire Libraries" and on the opposite page a list of dates it was taken out of the Library by readers.....I would hate to think that a person took it out and sold it on to a book shop.....if that happened wouldn't you think the shop wouldn't send it out with stickers stating where it came from and where it now should be.....feel a bit Perturbed having it now....
      You'd imagine so , then again …… would appear nothing's sacred these days .

Comment

Ordered a (used) book from a UK Bookstore on Amazon , book was advertised in very good condition, that's why I bought it, when it arrived it was in excellent condition and I was delighted ......on opening the book there was a sticker on the inside & outside cover stating this is the property of "Aberdeenshire Libraries" and on the opposite page a list of dates it was taken out of the Library by readers.....I would hate to think that a person took it out and sold it on to a book shop.....if that happened wouldn't you think the shop wouldn't send it out with stickers stating where it came from and where it now should be.....feel a bit Perturbed having it now....
        You know what they say the receiver is worse than the robber,they are coming to take you away ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
          You know what they say the receiver is worse than the robber,they are coming to take you away ha ha
          Och aye the noo

Comment

• Maybe the "Aberdeenshire Libraries" had a sale/auction of old stock....that might account for their details being left in the book...

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
              Maybe the "Aberdeenshire Libraries" had a sale/auction of old stock....that might account for their details being left in the book...
              I was thinking along those lines myself....but the book is only two years old ...but it's possible

Comment

I was thinking along those lines myself....but the book is only two years old ...but it's possible
                You could always take it back

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                  You could always take it back
                  To Scotland......

Comment

Its quite common but usually notated Library Copy on sellers page. Ive had a few.
                    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Currently reading The Jimmy Corkhill Story. Its from the Phil Redmond Brookside series. It is an interesting read about Jimmy and how he turns his life round from being a a criminal etc. Found it on the shelf the other day and I was curious!! Hubby owns it but it does not look like hes even read the bleedin book lol.

I will post a photo of the cover later.
                      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

To Scotland......
                        Why not? Make a weekend of it, take Mrs D. In fact it's St Andrew's Day this weekend - not sure if they do much about it though.

Comment

Why not? Make a weekend of it, take Mrs D. In fact it's St Andrew's Day this weekend - not sure if they do much about it though.
                          We were in Edinburgh a couple of years ago....and she didn't like it , thought the city was very eerie and scary

Comment

We were in Edinburgh a couple of years ago....and she didn't like it , thought the city was very eerie and scary
                            Thought the library was in Aberdeen?

Comment

Thought the library was in Aberdeen?
                              Yes.....but it doesn't appeal to me

Comment

I know what she means about Edinburgh, a lot of the building need to be cleaned, that would make it brighter

Comment

Working...
                                X