The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    think London prices are generally too high for most people........it's ridiculous really
    Dublin prices are scandalous ...way over the top.....pity couples trying to buy
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      Dublin prices are scandalous ...way over the top.....pity couples trying to buy
      i know, i've seen them online.......even in less salubrious areas........

Comment

i know, i've seen them online.......even in less salubrious areas........
        Especially in salubrious areas

Comment

• Eldest son off to uni today (at the ripe old age of 23!) His brother goes next week.....I'll be counting the days till Christmas......

Comment

Eldest son off to uni today (at the ripe old age of 23!) His brother goes next week.....I'll be counting the days till Christmas......
            Ah lonely times

Comment

Ah lonely times
              well I still have my daughter......and the dog........

Comment

well I still have my daughter......and the dog........
                What more could you ask for

Comment

• Pig in the City

Currently in Birmingham......staying in a hellhole called Digbeth, which is apparently the "irish Quarter" though I've seen no evidence of this apart from "Cleary's Irish Pub" round the corner - from which I beat a hasty retreat after being told the cook was on maternity leave - and "the Irish Centre" which looked like a real dive as I walked past it (apparently Sharon Shannon is playing there tonight, God help her! ) Went in search of food which I eventually found in the Old Crown on Digbeth High Street. At least the hotel is okay. Getting the early coach to Wolverhampton in the morning to see a house there, possibly 2......

Comment

• Years ago I stayed a couple of nights in Birmingham .....didn't like the place at all.....i'm sure there are some very nice area's in the city but I didn't come across any ......good luck with the house hunting Katie.....your making a big move hope it all works out for you

Comment

Years ago I stayed a couple of nights in Birmingham .....didn't like the place at all.....i'm sure there are some very nice area's in the city but I didn't come across any ......good luck with the house hunting Katie.....your making a big move hope it all works out for you
                      thanks dinny. to be honest i'm finding it quite difficult to find places......the area of wolverhampton i'm going to tomorrow looks okay.....the problem with a lot of areas in the midlands (and the north etc) is that they're on top of old coalfields, so you have to have mining reports done. That doesn't apply to most of Birmingham which is why I was looking here, but the nicer areas (eg Moseley, Solihull) are very expensive.

Comment

• Why are you going north....would you not go south of London.....or is it to expensive

Comment

Why are you going north....would you not go south of London.....or is it to expensive
                          main reason is one of the boys is at uni in wales, the other in the north-east, so the midlands is between the two - also you get grotty areas in the south too.....
                          and yes, the south tends to be more expensive, unless you go to somewhere like Dover which was voted the worst place to live in England......

Comment

Currently in Birmingham......staying in a hellhole called Digbeth, which is apparently the "irish Quarter" though I've seen no evidence of this apart from "Cleary's Irish Pub" round the corner - from which I beat a hasty retreat after being told the cook was on maternity leave - and "the Irish Centre" which looked like a real dive as I walked past it (apparently Sharon Shannon is playing there tonight, God help her! ) Went in search of food which I eventually found in the Old Crown on Digbeth High Street. At least the hotel is okay. Getting the early coach to Wolverhampton in the morning to see a house there, possibly 2......
                            God bless the punters ..........all the best to ya Katie , hopefully it wont take you to long .

Comment

main reason is one of the boys is at uni in wales, the other in the north-east, so the midlands is between the two - also you get grotty areas in the south too.....
                              and yes, the south tends to be more expensive, unless you go to somewhere like Dover which was voted the worst place to live in England......
                              They won't always be in Uni.....and they will probably move back to London

Comment

They won't always be in Uni.....and they will probably move back to London
                                didn't say i was going to stay here forever........anyway what's wrong wi4h moving north rather than south?

Comment

Working...
                                X