Old Dublin phone directories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dublin phone directories

Does anyone know how one can access old Dublin telephone directories from about 1942 forward. Appreciate any assistance.

wouldnt the local library have copies??

Comment

MKM, unfortunately I need to view online as I am not living in Ireland.

Comment

Does anyone know if old Dublin phone books are available to view online?

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
          Ye could make a start here for a coupla quid temp membership....they cover Ireland.
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

More here....get googling...

Comment

Thank you DTW

Comment

Thank you DTW
                Youre very welcome Betty. Let us know if you get what you want.....update as ye go'd be good.

Comment

awww sorry didnt know you were outside ireland betty....hope you got what you needed online...x0

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    Youre very welcome Betty. Let us know if you get what you want.....update as ye go'd be good.

The info is not for me but a lady who is trying to find a long lost cousin. I have given her the link you supplied and she thanks you very much. I will ask her for updates and will post her replies. I told her that this forum is ace.

Comment

The info is not for me but a lady who is trying to find a long lost cousin. I have given her the link you supplied and she thanks you very much. I will ask her for updates and will post her replies. I told her that this forum is ace.
                      Most of us are ace but that quinner fella can be a right howsyerfather at times

Comment

Lots of telephone directories

Hi,

They have lots of old Telephone Directories in the Dublin City Library in Pearse Street.

I was there today looking through them trying to track down an O'Neill family from Crumlin...

Warm wishes

Sandra

Comment

Hi Betty if you could give some more info like his age ect it might help.

Comment

re phone book

i dont know about old phone books to be honest. i do remember once looking up brit. telecom and u could see all listed num's there. this was a good few years ago i done this.[ but i never tried with ireland. i'll have a try and let u know]. i also viewed some of the old tom directorie's in dublin[ DC have these].

Comment

Originally posted by microv2000 View Post
                              i dont know about old phone books to be honest. i do remember once looking up brit. telecom and u could see all listed num's there. this was a good few years ago i done this.[ but i never tried with ireland. i'll have a try and let u know]. i also viewed some of the old tom directorie's in dublin[ DC have these].
                              I have got a few numbers for Family members....most where business owners....as not all had phones and lists to get one where years long...

Comment

Working...
                              X