Morphine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morphine

Been taken it (legally ) for the past few days in fairly copious amounts - great as a painkiller but gives you freaky dreams.

Anyone else found similar ?
    Everything is self-evident.

Originally posted by cogito View Post
    Been taken it (legally ) for the past few days in fairly copious amounts - great as a painkiller but gives you freaky dreams.

Seems to affect your grammar, too....

Comment

Being ?

Comment

Being ?
        no, taking!

Comment

Yeah... that'll be the morphine.

Comment

never works for me.....for anything including pain.....when i had the bypass which was probably the time i needed it to work most...it didnt... they told me i was imagining the pain id had enough morphine to knock a bull out..but eventually they realized i wasnt messing.....so i got something else instead...

Comment

The hint is in the name.......named after Morpheus, the Greek God of Dreams.

Comment

just saw in another post your in hospital..listen the dream affect your having is more likely to be effects from anesthesia than the morphine....I had anesthesia the other day and feck it im still having the weird cycle of dreams....Hope your feeling well....you know Canabis oil is a much better natural pain relief

Comment

I had really scary dreams/nightmares when I was on it, back in 2007...after major surgery. I had no pain ...just the bad dreams. Medical staff told me it happens to critically ill patients...not necessarily the morphine but maybe a combination of the drug and how seriously ill the patient is. At home during recovery my GP said it was the morphine....
                  Hope you are doing well Cogs...

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                    I had really scary dreams/nightmares when I was on it, back in 2007...after major surgery. I had no pain ...just the bad dreams. Medical staff told me it happens to critically ill patients...not necessarily the morphine but maybe a combination of the drug and how seriously ill the patient is. At home during recovery my GP said it was the morphine....
                    Hope you are doing well Cogs...
                    Was doing reasonably OK until you told me I was 'critically ill'

Comment

but you didnt answer her...are you??? i really hope not.

Comment

Was doing reasonably OK until you told me I was 'critically ill'
                        NOoooo...Cogs ...I said medical staff told me the bad dreams happen to critically ill patients who are on morphine after surgery....but not necessarily caused by the morphine...but maybe sort of... by both. Hope I haven't made you feel 'scared'...What time are 'lights out' in hospital...????

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                          but you didnt answer her...are you??? i really hope not.
                          Perforated ulcer - it burnt through the lining of my stomach on Wednesday - had major surgery on Thursday and now on the recovery route. Had my first food since Wednesday today.... but still have over a dozen tubes hanging out of me.

Was a nasty few days but feeling a lot better now.

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                            NOoooo...Cogs ...I said medical staff told me the bad dreams happen to critically ill patients who are on morphine after surgery....but not necessarily caused by the morphine...but maybe sort of... by both. Hope I haven't made you feel 'scared'...What time are 'lights out' in hospital...????
                            Sorry BF... was just messing with you on the critical stuff... but the morphine is genuinely weird.

They turned the lights off an hour or two ago... I'm tapping on the phone in the dark.

Comment

Sorry BF... was just messing with you on the critical stuff... but the morphine is genuinely weird.

They turned the lights off an hour or two ago... I'm tapping on the phone in the dark.
                              I had my fair share of the stuff when I had a kidney removed some years ago. I experienced some bad dreams for about a week after I left hospital, get well soon mate.
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
                              X