X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
    Was there a monastery close by ?
    There's this one: http://www.raheny.irishcapuchins.com/

I was caught robbing their orchard once.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

There was also The Grange which is up close to Donaghmede. The Houses in Donaghmede are bult on their graves, The little floodlit church has gravestones inside, In the 12th century there was a big order of monks there,

Years ago a bell belonging to the old Abbey was found and it now rings in Holy Trinity Church after being restored.

There is a Holy Well at the Back of Holywell Road, It has been filled in but it heavy rain the water gushes up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        There's this one: http://www.raheny.irishcapuchins.com/

I was caught robbing their orchard once.
        That's the one rashers. Lol ty lol.
        I spent some time there a couple of times and loved the monks and their way but not for me.
        I worked in the fields with a lovely monk who looked like a film star and an absolute gent .....isn't it terrible that you have to explain that?
        He was a great influence on me .

Comment

That's the one rashers. Lol ty lol.
          I spent some time there a couple of times and loved the monks and their way but not for me.
          I worked in the fields with a lovely monk who looked like a film star and an absolute gent .....isn't it terrible that you have to explain that?
          He was a great influence on me .
          I also worked with a chap who looked like a film star..............Lassie.

Comment

Are you sure it was a chap?????lol

Comment

Are you sure it was a chap?????lol

I did not have sexual relations with that canine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                I did not have sexual relations with that canine.
                Off topic a bit, sorry, I used to have a pen friend in Raheny many years ago his name was Jimmy O'Rourke he was an auditor for Top Rank, would anyone here know him?

Comment

Did you try putting his name on a facebook search Maire, I don't mean on open page, If you click in his name in search for friends all Jimmy O Rourke will come up Many with photos and details. You may find him then

I have found many of my friends like this and I have to say Maire That O'Rourke is quite a common name so I am sure many will know a Jimmy O Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                    Did you try putting his name on a facebook search Maire, I don't mean on open page, If you click in his name in search for friends all Jimmy O Rourke will come up Many with photos and details. You may find him then

I have found many of my friends like this and I have to say Maire That O'Rourke is quite a common name so I am sure many will know a Jimmy O Rourke
                    Tried that Joan,got nothing, just curious, I had a few nice pen friends in Dublin, I was just 17! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                      Tried that Joan,got nothing, just curious, I had a few nice pen friends in Dublin, I was just 17! Lol
                      Someone may know him There is a Raheny Facebook page, I am a member I will look and see

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                        Someone may know him There is a Raheny Facebook page, I am a member I will look and see
                        Thanks Joani

Comment

St Annes Park
                          Attached Files

Comment

an inlaw of mine got pregnant in that park hahaa

Comment

Was it under the arch Helen?

Comment

Did she call the baby Anne lol! Its a lovely park. I bring the Grandkids there to the playground,

Comment

Working...
                                X