Drimnagh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drimnagh

Here we go again........................ nothing about Drimnagh, I know Ive been away from Dublin for the past 3 years, but for Gods sake have they closed the place down? Doesn't anyone live there anymore????
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

I drive throught it on a regular basis so I know it is still there

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
      I drive throught it on a regular basis so I know it is still there
      Paddy what Road are you from.

Comment

Originally posted by matesofthegarden View Post
        Paddy what Road are you from.
        Im from Rafters Road

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Im from Rafters Road
          Good Old Rafters.Did you live near the Rices or the other end.

Comment

Here we go again........................ nothing about Drimnagh, I know Ive been away from Dublin for the past 3 years, but for Gods sake have they closed the place down? Doesn't anyone live there anymore????
            its not closed down where i live

Comment

i visited my brother on Benmadigan Road today, the football pitch is still there

Comment

Good Old Rafters.Did you live near the Rices or the other end.
                dont know the rices, which end is the other end, where I lived was near the alleyway to the shops on Lisadel Drive, next to the Binghams.

Comment

My Mam is from the avenue on Curlew Rd. She and my Da were married in Mourne Rd church and I was baptized there. Does that make me a bad Crumliner?
                  Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

dont know the rices, which end is the other end, where I lived was near the alleyway to the shops on Lisadel Drive, next to the Binghams.
                    Paddy do you not remember rices shop on lissadel avenue i think they were the same rices on rafters

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy murphy View Post
                      Paddy do you not remember rices shop on lissadel avenue i think they were the same rices on rafters
                      Your right there bud there the same family. Boxman what was your mum's name.Jim Spooner lived on Curlew Rd also.

Comment

I left Rafters (and Dublin) when I was 10 years old............. I remember the chipper, and some other shops........... I know the shops have gone now, and the alleyway has been fenced off.

Comment

Paddy: I haven't lived there for 47 years,though I will be there in Oct,and I have the same question.Where are all the people of Drimnagh,and why don't we hear from any of them.When I grew up there,from '42 to '64 there were 60 thousand people living there.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy murphy View Post
                            I remember the Rice family.they lived in a cottage on what used to be called Rafters Lane, close to Crumlin Rd.I also remember the shop that was run by Mrs Rice and Johnny Rice.It seems so long ago.

Comment

Your right there bud there the same family. Boxman what was your mum's name.Jim Spooner lived on Curlew Rd also.
                              I went to school with 3 guys from Curlew Rd. Philip Smith,
                              Sean Spooner,and Philip Murphy.I sometimes what became of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X