X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;444520]
    Originally posted by cosmo View Post
    It was ffs

I loved it big time....I was 'anchor faced' as farook lol.

FFS what a bastad...happened my mate as well, mind you he got married and went on to have two lads, and still wed to same bird....so ok for him.

We'll share a few pints whenever ye might pass through London.

Niice ships....very family and first name terms ish....never had one mind ye.....started out in flat tops and did 5 a dem....then destroyers in between and some odd ones like the matapan and of course the Yacht for three yrs working for Betty the One.

jaze....well although I did Ships Diver for 17 yrs, I never fancied the oul submariners life...I have may pals who did and made a shed-load of dosh and all that.....it was and is a very special family...and hats off to them, but I'd rather be able to take a stroll on the upper scupper with a blue-liner and tinny any day than be 20 leagues below...."Divers Do It Deeper".

LOL....brill dit and a brill little cushy number....good onya.

That's hilarious ffs....but the outfit was so big back then you could disappear for months on end if ye were floating....gas eh.

Well ye got around a bit anyway in the four years.... Thing is, everyone I meet up with who left early says they should have stayed....but ye have te ask would it have been better or worse than the life they led in the end....Not forgetting one move can end in 1000 fuk ups.lol.....ye prob made the right move.

I only ever had one Dear John from me pash way back up north.....we had it all goin for us....but while I was on an eight month deployment to the Fez, she started knockin off a schoolie up her way.....but she waited till we were one week away from homers to send the letter.....I was kin gutted.....but as usual in these circs....I slapped the DJ up on the Mess Notice Board and got on with me life....ye want to have heard the comments ffs....lybo............mind you I was pizzad as a rat that night with all the consolation beer the lads passed my way te help me drown me sorrows....

De ya remember the GRONK BOARDS we used te have in all messes....lol.
    Then there was the GRONK TROPHY...I won a few a dem ffs.

Matapan....named after the Battle....was a WW2 converted Battle Class Fleet Destroyer.....only ship of the name.....she was converted and took over from Veralum as Sonar Trials Ship.....and I did just over two yrs in her.....what a run it was too....all over the states with her.....including Burmadoo and a few of the south islands.......It was a joint US / UK thing so our time in the States was lenghty and we made many many 'friendships' out west.....Great little ship with stacks of memories....even picked up me crossed hooks in her.....loads more beer tokens eh.

Cape Matapan.......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=quinner;444537]
      Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Cape Matapan.......
      Greece ....yeah.
      Attached Files
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
        first week in......so you were a lower deckie noel, well done.
        Bit of enhancement here Cos....brammer pic.
        Attached Files

Comment

• OMG yis were chizzlers

Comment

It was ffs

FFS what a bastad...happened my mate as well, mind you he got married and went on to have two lads, and still wed to same bird....so ok for him.

Niice ships....very family and first name terms ish....never had one mind ye.....started out in flat tops and did 5 a dem....then destroyers in between and some odd ones like the matapan and of course the Yacht for three yrs working for Betty the One.

jaze....well although I did Ships Diver for 17 yrs, I never fancied the oul submariners life...I have may pals who did and made a shed-load of dosh and all that.....it was and is a very special family...and hats off to them, but I'd rather be able to take a stroll on the upper scupper with a blue-liner and tinny any day than be 20 leagues below...."Divers Do It Deeper".

That's hilarious ffs....but the outfit was so big back then you could disappear for months on end if ye were floating....gas eh.

Well ye got around a bit anyway in the four years.... Thing is, everyone I meet up with who left early says they should have stayed....but ye have te ask would it have been better or worse than the life they led in the end....Not forgetting one move can end in 1000 fuk ups.lol.....ye prob made the right move.

I only ever had one Dear John from me pash way back up north.....we had it all goin for us....but while I was on an eight month deployment to the Fez, she started knockin off a schoolie up her way.....but she waited till we were one week away from homers to send the letter.....I was kin gutted.....but as usual in these circs....I slapped the DJ up on the Mess Notice Board and got on with me life....ye want to have heard the comments ffs....lybo............mind you I was pizzad as a rat that night with all the consolation beer the lads passed my way te help me drown me sorrows....

Matapan....named after the Battle....was a WW2 converted Battle Class Fleet Destroyer.....only ship of the name.....she was converted and took over from Veralum as Sonar Trials Ship.....and I did just over two yrs in her.....what a run it was too....all over the states with her.....including Burmadoo and a few of the south islands.......It was a joint US / UK thing so our time in the States was lenghty and we made many many 'friendships' out west.....Great little ship with stacks of memories....even picked up me crossed hooks in her.....loads more beer tokens eh.
            I`m sure we were taken on board matapan during our training in Raleigh, our p.o instructor served in the battle of matapan.
            Attached Files
            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• this me at six months!!...not really.
              Attached Files

Comment

It was ffs

you wouldn`t believe it noel, just a day or two ago I was looking through facebook [I`m on it but I don`t post ] just look at the family pics and the odd friend. but you know how it works ,you`re lookin at someone you know and another name comments or likes , well I saw a name that I twigged, its yor woman that dumped me all those years ago, turns out she married a different bloke, she went on to be a ggrandmother, still only 65. her husband died few years ago ,knew him as well....I told a story a few years ago here, while I was in the mob on leave, we were out on a date ,movies I think, after the movies ouside her hall door under the little corpo shelter, It was pissin down, a bloke next door [won`t mention his name] knew him as well, asked if we wanted to take shelter in his car parked on the roadside. we jumped in the back , and every thing was going just dandy, a few oh`s and ah`s ,by the way this was v.w beetle, she was facing out the back little window, oh`s and ah`s and all of a sudden she just tensed and said 'oh daddy, no' , wtf I thought for a second. it turned out she saw her dad , mam, and 'big' brother coming down the street singing, they were coming from the pub, we jumped in to the front and the two of us squeezed under where the passenger would put the legs and covered ourselves with a blanket which was on one of the seats. her dad opened the passenger door and leaned in ,musta been close to my face, he said 'I thought I saw someone in the car' after a few seconds closed the door.i could actually smell the alcohol, talkin about coitis interuptus , next day she left me to the buffet bar at aimens st to see me off, had a good few pints ,got on the train to Belfast [with no ticket] for some reason my travel warrant only took me from Belfast, the ticket collectors in Belfast let me off [cause I was micky monk]....a lot of old memories got to me over it this week. nice girl seems to have had a happy life.

Comment

• [QUOTE=cosmo;444564]

I`m sure we were taken on board matapan during our training in Raleigh, our p.o instructor served in the battle of matapan.

that little comic strip, that's what happened to me,...... on sat morning, the mate rang...are going for pint before you go back tomorrow , no ses I I have an early flight , just a quiet pint ses he, o.k ses I just one .he didn`t say anything about the others coming. wasn`t quite as bad as the comic with his jocks down and a little follow through....I was the last to leave the pub so I made my way back to my sisters in sentry, had a few falls and the rest is history...no fisticuffs or anything, have to say you can`t beat the dubs...after I had fallen [more times than jesus on his way to calvery] it was very rainy and lots of dead leaves alon tha sidewalks ,it was like ice to walk on [along with the pints and jemmys all day long] two young dub blokes saw me and hailed a taxi to take me to hospital, one came with me and paid the fare, he got out outside the hospital, after he left stubborn me told the driver to take me to my sis, at the sis ,I got out of the taxi and fell backwards on to the curb on to the back of my head, so that was back and front gushing, so my brother in law and sis took me back to hospital.. the gas part is when I was discharged I was given a relase form in a sealed letter, the doc said, if any body inquires about your condition ie airlines, police etc just show them this letter,and go to your doctor when you get home, I wasn`t asked by anyone, when I gave the letter to my doc he showed it to me, it said I wasn`t allowed to travel for seven days!!. sorry for rambling . theres a bit more to the story but I`tll be over a drink...too long.

Comment

• [QUOTE=cosmo;444569]

you wouldn`t believe it noel, just a day or two ago I was looking through facebook [I`m on it but I don`t post ] just look at the family pics and the odd friend. but you know how it works ,you`re lookin at someone you know and another name comments or likes , well I saw a name that I twigged, its yor woman that dumped me all those years ago, turns out she married a different bloke, she went on to be a ggrandmother, still only 65. her husband died few years ago ,knew him as well....I told a story a few years ago here, while I was in the mob on leave, we were out on a date ,movies I think, after the movies ouside her hall door under the little corpo shelter, It was pissin down, a bloke next door [won`t mention his name] knew him as well, asked if we wanted to take shelter in his car parked on the roadside. we jumped in the back , and every thing was going just dandy, a few oh`s and ah`s ,by the way this was v.w beetle, she was facing out the back little window, oh`s and ah`s and all of a sudden she just tensed and said 'oh daddy, no' , wtf I thought for a second. it turned out she saw her dad , mam, and 'big' brother coming down the street singing, they were coming from the pub, we jumped in to the front and the two of us squeezed under where the passenger would put the legs and covered ourselves with a blanket which was on one of the seats. her dad opened the passenger door and leaned in ,musta been close to my face, he said 'I thought I saw someone in the car' after a few seconds closed the door.i could actually smell the alcohol, talkin about coitis interuptus , next day she left me to the buffet bar at aimens st to see me off, had a good few pints ,got on the train to Belfast [with no ticket] for some reason my travel warrant only took me from Belfast, the ticket collectors in Belfast let me off [cause I was micky monk]....a lot of old memories got to me over it this week. nice girl seems to have had a happy life.
                    jaze i busted me rollix laughin here....only happen to a matelot....

Comment

• [QUOTE=cosmo;444574]

that little comic strip, that's what happened to me,...... on sat morning, the mate rang...are going for pint before you go back tomorrow , no ses I I have an early flight , just a quiet pint ses he, o.k ses I just one .he didn`t say anything about the others coming. wasn`t quite as bad as the comic with his jocks down and a little follow through....I was the last to leave the pub so I made my way back to my sisters in sentry, had a few falls and the rest is history...no fisticuffs or anything, have to say you can`t beat the dubs...after I had fallen [more times than jesus on his way to calvery] it was very rainy and lots of dead leaves alon tha sidewalks ,it was like ice to walk on [along with the pints and jemmys all day long] two young dub blokes saw me and hailed a taxi to take me to hospital, one came with me and paid the fare, he got out outside the hospital, after he left stubborn me told the driver to take me to my sis, at the sis ,I got out of the taxi and fell backwards on to the curb on to the back of my head, so that was back and front gushing, so my brother in law and sis took me back to hospital.. the gas part is when I was discharged I was given a relase form in a sealed letter, the doc said, if any body inquires about your condition ie airlines, police etc just show them this letter,and go to your doctor when you get home, I wasn`t asked by anyone, when I gave the letter to my doc he showed it to me, it said I wasn`t allowed to travel for seven days!!. sorry for rambling . theres a bit more to the story but I`tll be over a drink...too long.
                      This ones just as funny as the other dit.....if we go inta a pub to spin dits wed both end up wit 15 stitches each from bulkhead bouncing

Comment

• `nother little ditty from pompy, one night out on a run, couple of us of did a pub crawl [as you do] at the end of the night one of the oppos[elecky, can`t hold their drink] was spewing at every pub,afterwards just before going through the dockyard gates , he noticed his teeth were missing!! we had to go back through all the pubs we were in and look in the pisseurs [that's French] he eventually found them, [straight into gob] ,his big worry at first was he thought he might have swallowed them....just remembered this elecky used to jump on the table in every pub we went into and drop his pants [not jocks] ,even on the mess deck after our six cans of mc kewans or piper beer, think he did a spell in netly. [ had to stop while postin this, me sis rang fom Dublin], so its good nite from him and its good nite from me.

Comment

• Oh my god im dying laughing here..you sure were a holy terror cosmo but you always landed on your feet hehehe....

Your not allowed fly note reminded me of mine hehehee...they refused to give me permission to fly back to canada during my sojourn in the mental hospital in ennis in 2007, they said i couldnt risk travel for 6-8 weeks.....so my insurance company sent over a cardiologist to travel back with me...the poor fecker had worse luck than me...and it would take weeks of writing to tell you the drama in getting from ennis to dublin, dublin to chicago and chicago to toronto....anyways amid the drama the poor cardiologist got really sick...and i had to mind him all the way, until finally were flying into toronto and he almost passed out, throwing up...and looking green....and the staff on the plane come to check and help...and one of them goes to me...look i know hes not supposed to be travelling...what kinda dr are you that you cant see this..look how hes suffering...him???? id had two heart attacks and complete organ failure.....meanwhile my hubby was snoozing comfortably miles away from us in the plane..I was exhausted by the time they shipped me to the hospital

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            Oh my god im dying laughing here..you sure were a holy terror cosmo but you always landed on your feet hehehe....

Your not allowed fly note reminded me of mine hehehee...they refused to give me permission to fly back to canada during my sojourn in the mental hospital in ennis in 2007, they said i couldnt risk travel for 6-8 weeks.....so my insurance company sent over a cardiologist to travel back with me...the poor fecker had worse luck than me...and it would take weeks of writing to tell you the drama in getting from ennis to dublin, dublin to chicago and chicago to toronto....anyways amid the drama the poor cardiologist got really sick...and i had to mind him all the way, until finally were flying into toronto and he almost passed out, throwing up...and looking green....and the staff on the plane come to check and help...and one of them goes to me...look i know hes not supposed to be travelling...what kinda dr are you that you cant see this..look how hes suffering...him???? id had two heart attacks and complete organ failure.....meanwhile my hubby was snoozing comfortably miles away from us in the plane..I was exhausted by the time they shipped me to the hospital
                            funny as fork......could only happen te you ffs.

Comment

• ujung padang , sulawasi, Indonesia. `96.

damage on one of four generators in a flour mill.

after repair .

two helpers .

rewinding rotor from another generator.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• top. more of ujung padang.

local bar across from the hotel.

beer after work on the balcony.

washing for prayers mid day [four oe five times every day] 180 million muslems , biggest population of muslems.

another generator rotor.

damaged rotor repaired.

sorry for the cinemascope photos....I have to photo them from my camera and then they come out like this...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by cosmo; 21-06-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X