• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sutton or Howth

Anybody here from Sutton ot Howth ?
    They are watching me

Originally posted by Harolds X girl View Post
    Anybody here from Sutton ot Howth ?
    Nope, not me but I know both areas very well.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

I am or was should I say , why do ye ask ? I was there Sept.2008 amd if you have a look at my photo file on that tudder site you'll see some of me favorite views.

Here is the view from our front gate

and another from the top of Howth looking north
      Attached Files

Comment

I had relations on Station Rd What part where you ?
        They are watching me

Comment

I lived on the Howth Rd, near Kilbarrack sailing club. What was the name of yer rellies and what era are we talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
            I lived on the Howth Rd, near Kilbarrack sailing club. What was the name of yer rellies and what era are we talking about.
            Early 1900s to 1983 Mc Donagh and Warren
            They are watching me

Comment

Neither name is familiar but I'm sure me mates would know them. My brothers are very involved with Suttionians Rugby Club which is on Station Rd.

Comment

Neither name is familiar but I'm sure me mates would know them. My brothers are very involved with Suttionians Rugby Club which is on Station Rd.
                None of them played rugby They lived in the cottages on station rd
                They are watching me

Comment

I only played five games for Suttonions ( got the ball along the line once !) then I went to Clontarf RFC for a yr then I played for Cathal Bruagha St.
                  I was in my teens in the 60's ..any help ?

Comment

Well my only claim is I lived in Raheny (or Rahayney as the older folk called it), went to school there and had a best mate who lived at Howth Junction.

Oh yeh... we used to go dancing in Baldoyle and to the pictures in Sutton before the picture house became Superquinn.

In the photo of Howth I think I can make out St Fintans where my parents rest, and I love how the Rockabill stands out in that other photo.

Comment

Rashers, my brother now lives in Raheny and I once did a sort of line with a girl from Raheny ... you would have met her mother now and again I expect.

Comment

Rashers, my brother now lives in Raheny and I once did a sort of line with a girl from Raheny ... you would have met her mother now and again I expect.
                        In my teens when we had nothing else to do I hung around with a buddy on Lough Derg Rd, or we'd head down to St Annes.

One of the girls I was close to in Raheny was the daughter of the garda sgt... I wonder if I should mention his name.

I think we invented joyriding (joyboating?) because we'd often go to Blackbanks and swipe a boat, take it across to Bull Island, but always left it back afterwards. We were caught leaving one back and got a few wallops from the owner before making good our escape.

Ahh but Raheny is gone all posh since I lived there.

Comment

I can make out St Fintans where my parents rest,

My parents too Rashers maybe they're now neighbors ?

Comment

but always left it back afterwards.

You might have left it back but you didn't anchor the bloody thing !. I found three boats over the years that had drifted down from dollymount and Blackbanks. One of them was a blue flat bottomed dingy that no one ever claimed.

Comment

My parents too Rashers maybe they're now neighbors ?
                              Probably. Mine are resting in St Assams. I think it's J116. As cemetarys go I think it's a nice place, and my dad used to say it was "The healthiest graveyard in Ireland to be buried in, just think of that lovely sea air!"

Comment

Working...
                              X