No announcement yet.

Historical Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auxies, unknown location and what they are playing at!!

south tipp i.r.a.
    Attached Files
    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• auxi having a smoke .
      Attached Files

Comment

• This is a great thread, thanks for starting it Rashers. You started some great threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by pauline.fitz View Post
          This is a great thread, thanks for starting it Rashers. You started some great threads.
          He's not dead yet, Pauline. If you're pining for him you can find him here:

Comment

• Crowds on O'Connell Bridge on 22nd December 1948 - the night Ireland formally became a republic...

republic.jpg
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Austen Stack playing chess in prison with Eamon de Valera.
              Timeline Photos
              Attached Files
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• luke Kelly, luke kellys [Dubliners] father injured in the batchelors walk shooting in 1914,.
                Attached Files

Comment

• royal Dublin fusiliers mount an armoured train at estacourt during the boer war 1899 /1900.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cosmo; 30-04-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• hand drawn account of the battle of the boyne.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                      hand drawn account of the battle of the boyne.
                      LOL.....It says the ''English Camp''.........There must have been some Fleet street Reporters there.........there were very few ''English'' there.......
                      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
                        LOL.....It says the ''English Camp''.........There must have been some Fleet street Reporters there.........there were very few ''English'' there.......
                        plenty of French maybe.......population of France at that time..19 million.....population of Britain at that time....8 million.....That included wales and Scotland.....

Comment

• see there was a few "skins" there joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                            see there was a few "skins" there joe.

local Colonel rallying his ''men''......No doubt many Ulster Scots looking to get at them Paddies and French.....

Sadly Irish history is full of so called French Help.....The same French who treated Protestants in a not so respectful manner......The best way to get on a good protestants nerves was to include the French in your plans.....link up with their Catholic hatred for the protestants and you give up all reasonable hope of being treated nicely.....

Being stuck in the middle between France and Ireland was not what the Anglicans and the fire and Brimstone Presbyterians would have wished for even on a good day......Certainly outnumbered, and with the Pope threatening revenge daily you would not have acted like a nice Sunday Schoolboy......

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
                              local Colonel rallying his ''men''......No doubt many Ulster Scots looking to get at them Paddies and French.....

Sadly Irish history is full of so called French Help.....The same French who treated Protestants in a not so respectful manner......The best way to get on a good protestants nerves was to include the French in your plans.....link up with their Catholic hatred for the protestants and you give up all reasonable hope of being treated nicely.....

Being stuck in the middle between France and Ireland was not what the Anglicans and the fire and Brimstone Presbyterians would have wished for even on a good day......Certainly outnumbered, and with the Pope threatening revenge daily you would not have acted like a nice Sunday Schoolboy......
                              There was no shortage of land in Britain......just a shortage of Protestants in Ireland to make sure the French did not take it up as a Holiday Island....

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
                                Crowds on O'Connell Bridge on 22nd December 1948 - the night Ireland formally became a republic...

[ATTACH]66292[/ATTACH]
                                The Act was signed into law on 21 December 1948 and came into force on 18 April 1949, Easter Monday the 33rd anniversary of the beginning of the Easter Rising.
                                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Working...
                                X