Lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    There you go again...Making accusations.......Your way of saying I don't know anything about the subject in question.....

I now await the drugs accusation......
    Well get on with it man.
    (Note to ones self; jayziz it's no wonder yer man spat all over 'im in de army).
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

There you go again...Making accusations.......Your way of saying I don't know anything about the subject in question.....

I now await the drugs accusation......
      Plus the Benefits you claim I will get from giving the tax I pay to Moselle Valley wine growers.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Where did they get you from..?
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Back on topic.

This pic belongs more here than anywhere else.

The hanging effigy is what the people thought of William Martin Murphy who was responsible for the idea of locking trades union workers out of work and in turn starving Dublin's poor labourers families, who suffered intimidation and violence at the hands of the police....Corporation Buildings was one such place where cops beat the living daylights out of some of the menfolk for no sound reason.

Foremost among employers opposed to trade unionism in Ireland, was William Martin Murphy, Ireland's most prominent capitalist, born in Castletownbere Co Cork. In 1913, Murphy was chairman of the Dublin United Tramway Company and owned Clery's department store and the Imperial Hotel. He controlled the Irish Independent, Evening Herald and Irish Catholic newspapers and was a major shareholder in the B&I Line. Murphy was also a prominent nationalist and a former Home Rule MP in Westminster.

Even today, his defenders insist he was a charitable man and a good employer, and that his workers received fair wages. Yet conditions in his many enterprises were often poor or worse, with employees given only one day off in 10 while being forced to labour up to 17 hours a day.

Dublin tramway workers were paid substantially less than their counterparts in Belfast and Liverpool, and were subjected to a regime of punitive fines, probationary periods extending for as long as six years, and a culture of company surveillance, involving widespread use of informers.

Murphy was vehemently opposed to trade unions, which he saw as an attempt to interfere with his business. In particular, he was opposed to Larkin, whom he saw as a dangerous revolutionary. In July 1913, Murphy presided over a meeting of 300 employers, during which a collective response to the rise of trade unionism was agreed.

Murphy and the employers were determined not to allow the ITGWU to unionise the Dublin workforce. On 15 August, Murphy dismissed 40 workers he suspected of ITGWU membership, followed by another 300 over the next week.
        Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;458047]Well get on with it man.
          [SIZE="1"](Note to ones self; jayziz it's no wonder yer man spat all over 'im in de army).[/.....He spat because he was an idiot who thought that he was better than me.......Lol...He thought I was supposed to jump just because he shouted....Frankly, I just thought he was very rude to raise his voice....

Comment

[QUOTE=quinner;482347]
            Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            [SIZE="1"]Well get on with it man. (Note to ones self; jayziz it's no wonder yer man spat all over 'im in de army). He spat because he was an idiot who thought that he was better than me.......Lol...He thought I was supposed to jump just because he shouted....Frankly, I just thought he was very rude to raise his voice....
            Nobody cares ....so stop contaminating good threads with rubbish....

Lets talk about 1913.

Heres a rare shot of the two big guns of the day Larkin and Connolly together at the Firey Cross Meeting 1913.
            Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;482350]
              Nobody cares ....so stop contaminating good threads with rubbish....

Lets talk about 1913.

Heres a rare shot of the two big guns of the day Larkin and Connolly together at the Firey Cross Meeting 1913.
              You mentioned it.....You must be upset because I got the better of him.....

Most ''strikers'' were treated like that in those days.......Was different in my days when employers were made to adhere to Union rules....

Arthur Scargill was an idiot because he ignored his own Unions rules.....He lost....

Comment

[QUOTE=quinner;482352]
                You mentioned it.....You must be upset because I got the better of him.....Most ''strikers'' were treated like that in those days.......Was different in my days when employers were made to adhere to Union rules....

Arthur Scargill was an idiot because he ignored his own Unions rules.....He lost....
                This thread has nothing to do with A. Scargill full stop.

Rail strike....Brit soldiers stand guard at North Wall.
                Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;482356]
                  This thread has nothing to do with A. Scargill full stop.

Rail strike....Brit soldiers stand guard at North Wall.

Strange how you mentioned the spitting Sargent on here......LOL....

Just in case you missed it....This thread is about strikers.....

bo. is watching.........YOU......lol

Comment

Strange how you mentioned the spitting Sargent on here......LOL....Just in case you missed it....This thread is about strikers.....bo. is watching.........YOU......lol
                    Post ignored.

James Larkin hailed a hero after his release from prison.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Post ignored.

James Larkin hailed a hero after his release from prison.
                      Strange how you mentioned the spitting Sargent on here......

Next time make it even smaller......

Comment

Strange how you mentioned the spitting Sargent on here......Next time make it even smaller......
                        Please stop spamming decent threads.

James Larkins Funeral procession led by his sons Denis, Fintan, Bernard and James Jnr.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 03-06-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X