No announcement yet.

Home Improvements/ DIY Advice/Gardening Tips/ Cleaning/Cooking Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right about that Bo. Most of the time trade counters are cheaper but you should try and ring different ones first if you know what you are looking for as prices do vary. Here is an example of how much you can be ripped off.
    I bought a small transformer for a spotlight that had blown, in B&Q and paid €24 for the privilage. When I got home for some reason it did not work so I brought it back and got my money back. Then I went to a trade center in Harold's Cross and they only charged me €6 and it worked. I had paid four times that in B&Q

Comment

UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
        You are right about that Bo. Most of the time trade counters are cheaper but you should try and ring different ones first if you know what you are looking for as prices do vary. Here is an example of how much you can be ripped off.
        I bought a small transformer for a spotlight that had blown, in B&Q and paid €24 for the privilage. When I got home for some reason it did not work so I brought it back and got my money back. Then I went to a trade center in Harold's Cross and they only charged me €6 and it worked. I had paid four times that in B&Q
        Yes the trade counter is always best because they can usually put you right and save a lot of stuffing around.
        Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Grow It Yourself
          Grow It Yourself (GIY) Ireland week starts next week.

Various events will take place during the week.

You can visit the GIY Ireland site here:

http://www.giyireland.com/
          Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

Here's my project I just finished with crown molding. The shadow seen above the corner isn't there in person. I did the entire living room like this. Best price fer sure was NOT at a DIY. Came from wishihadthat.com. Yep, the light was purchased on line also.

I believe in.......

Comment

Love this thread.

For gardeners if you want healthy plants try a worm farm, they are very obliging

with their poo/piss liquid gold.Just keep them fed on your scraps.The liquid can be diluted 10 to 1.

On the other forum " colours of my garden " one poster said her roses are attacked by black flies etc, so can anyone tell us the natural spray to use.I've heard it a lot but forgot to write it down.
              today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

some tips here ss

Comment

The hot tap on my washbasin is running very slow....would it be the washer
                  or something? (complete DIY novice here.) Can anyone give me any advice
                  on how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    on how to fix it?
                    Is the tap stiff to turn? If so probably the washer is yer man. If not then yer problem is probably further up the pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
                      Is the tap stiff to turn? If so probably the washer is yer man. If not then yer problem is probably further up the pipes.
                      no, it's not.....and there's nothing wrong with the other taps. If there was a
                      problem with the pipes, wouldn't they all be affected?

Comment

are the other taps going slow?? or is it only that one???

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          on how to fix it?
                          Katie it is probably furred up with lime deposits on the inside.Take a small plastic bag ,sandwich size, put vinegar in it and tie it onto the tap opening,so the vinegar covers the opening,get as much into the vinegar as you can.Leave it for about an hour,and it should defur the lime deposit.I hope this works for you!.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            i'll start off with a question....we have a 12 foot by 12 foot cement pad in our back garden..it was originally the base for a garage thats now gone..but the pad is cracked, a tree root is growing up under it..and presently i have a shed on it...but need some ideas about what to do permanently for it....its going to be very expensive to remove????
                            Helen,I am curious as to what you did with that pad in the end?

Comment

girls and guys, I'm feeling like a pillock....just been up to the bathroom and
                              found that if I turned the tap a couple of times more than usual, it flowed
                              freely.....but if I get any more trouble with it, I may give Maire's idea a go.

Comment

it is a good idea if you have a plumber in the house to ask where the stop valves are for different pipes, my house has so many
                                son got his all marked

Comment

Working...
                                X