Drama Series Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    the new series of "Unforgotten" starts tonight on ITV. I really enjoyed the first two series so looking forward to it.
    So did I......but we don't have ITV this side of the water.........I've yet to see Nicola Walker smile in any series she has ever been in
    Last edited by dinny; 15-07-2018, 08:52 PM.
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      So did I......but we don't have ITV this side of the water.........I've yet to see Nicola Walker smile in any series she has ever been in
      Thought it might be on TV3

Comment

Thought it might be on TV3
        No sign of it being on......maybe in a few weeks.....

Comment

No sign of it being on......maybe in a few weeks.....
          watching episode 1 on itvplayer, good so far.

Comment

watching episode 1 on itvplayer, good so far.
            Has she smiled yet

Comment

Has she smiled yet
              Yes, but she did more grimacing

Comment

Yes, but she did more grimacing
                Nothing has changed so.......I'd say she smiles when she sees her bank balance

Comment

• Watched 6 episodes of a Canadian Series over 3 nights on BBC4 this week called "Cardinal".......It was good and worth a look.....it's about a detective trying to find a serial killer ......while under pressure because he is being investigated by the police who think he is passing information to a drugs gang....also his wife who is Bi-polar has been sectioned and is in a psychiatric unit.....also he is been blackmailed .......so there is a lot going on....I found it very atmospheric and it reminded me of the Nordic police dramas which I loved......Series 2 is starting on 4th August

Comment

• New series started on BBC 1 last Sunday night called "Bodyguard" staring Keeley Hawes .....I'm recording it so I can binge watch it.....The first episode got excellent reviews

Comment

New series started on BBC 1 last Sunday night called "Bodyguard" staring Keeley Hawes .....I'm recording it so I can binge watch it.....The first episode got excellent reviews
                      Heard them yacking on the radio about " binge watching " , apparently it can become addictive .

One fella used to get up during the night , he was hooked on what the next episode held ........................ b carefull .

Comment

Dinny, ITV is free to air on Sky .

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                          Dinny, ITV is free to air on Sky .
                          Don't have Sky ....Bo

Comment

Watched 6 episodes of a Canadian Series over 3 nights on BBC4 this week called "Cardinal".......It was good and worth a look.....it's about a detective trying to find a serial killer ......while under pressure because he is being investigated by the police who think he is passing information to a drugs gang....also his wife who is Bi-polar has been sectioned and is in a psychiatric unit.....also he is been blackmailed .......so there is a lot going on....I found it very atmospheric and it reminded me of the Nordic police dramas which I loved......Series 2 is starting on 4th August
                            Dinny if you have Netflix or an "alternative source" I recommend Bordertown. The Finnish entry to Nordic Noir.

This is "Bordertown - Trailer 2017" by Fisher King on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border...nish_TV_series)

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                              Dinny if you have Netflix or an "alternative source" I recommend Bordertown. The Finnish entry to Nordic Noir.

This is "Bordertown - Trailer 2017" by Fisher King on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border...nish_TV_series)
                              I'll keep an eye out for it , Thanks ...Napper

Comment

• Looks good, based on a true story.

The BBC have bought exclusive rights for it. As yet they haven't announced a screening date but looks a show to look out for.

Comment

Working...
                                X