Drama Series Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinny View Post
    I'm going to hopefully watch the 3 episodes of the Replacement drama over the weekend ....Read the reviews and they were quiet good.....hate those crap endings,always find with a bad ending the writers haven't a clue how to end it and usually end up making a balls of it .
    I am also taping both Prime suspect and Broadchurch to binge watching when they are finished.....but i'v heard the PS 1973 is crap
    Just tried to watch part 3 of PS 1973......couldn't do it......yes, I agree they always seem to have crap endings, like most of the books I read, psychological thrillers that are intriguing while you're reading them, then when you've finished you think, is that it, then? A real anti-climax.....but then could we do any better?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Well, after a brilliant first two episodes The Replacement ended with a really farcical episode which ruined the whole thing. Prime Suspect 1973 is crap and just makes you realise how fabulous the original series was, mainly due to Helen Mirren's performance. 3 episodes so far of Broadchurch and 3 to go.....definite improvement on series 2 but barely holding my interest at the moment. We really need a good drama right now.......

Well Katie....Watched the 3 episodes of The Replacement last night and was really enjoying it when during final episode with about 15 minutes left the tv recording froze and wouldn't continue , I could have put my sherry glass through the screen , haven't a clue what happened and couldn't look back on BBC playback as we don't have it in Ireland.....please tell me what happened....the episode froze at the point were Paula called to Ellen's house and gave her husband a baby monitor for the child....
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Well Katie....Watched the 3 episodes of The Replacement last night and was really enjoying it when during final episode with about 15 minutes left the tv recording froze and wouldn't continue , I could have put my sherry glass through the screen , haven't a clue what happened and couldn't look back on BBC playback as we don't have it in Ireland.....please tell me what happened....the episode froze at the point were Paula called to Ellen's house and gave her husband a baby monitor for the child....
        You didn't miss much Dinny. It all got a bit silly. Mad Paula took the baby and phoned the mother to come and meet her. They were in a car in Paula's garage and Paula told Ellen she'd tell her where the baby if she took an overdose. She did but then Paula left her in the car to die. Ellen managed to make a sudden miraculous recovery from the overdose, hot-wired the car and rammed it through the garage doors. Somehow she worked out that the baby was in the new library. Then the police arrived with Paula, Paula was cuffed and led away. The husband tried to get back with Ellen but she told him to piss off. Basically a really crap ending.........

Comment

You didn't miss much Dinny. It all got a bit silly. Mad Paula took the baby and phoned the mother to come and meet her. They were in a car in Paula's garage and Paula told Ellen she'd tell her where the baby if she took an overdose. She did but then Paula left her in the car to die. Ellen managed to make a sudden miraculous recovery from the overdose, hot-wired the car and rammed it through the garage doors. Somehow she worked out that the baby was in the new library. Then the police arrived with Paula, Paula was cuffed and led away. The husband tried to get back with Ellen but she told him to piss off. Basically a really crap ending.........
          Bad ending all right Katie.....I assume Paula killed Ellen's boss ?....did you find out what hold Paula had over Georgia?

Comment

Yes, she killed the boss because she found out the daughter was dead and was going to tell everyone......Georgia turned out to be the driver that killed the daughter but Paula let her off because the daughter had leukemia.....I suppose she would have dobbed her in if georgia told people the daughter was dead.....it all seems highly implausible, why would she become a killer over that.....guess Paula was just nuts. Very disappointing as the acting was so good.

Comment

Yes, she killed the boss because she found out the daughter was dead and was going to tell everyone......Georgia turned out to be the driver that killed the daughter but Paula let her off because the daughter had leukemia.....I suppose she would have dobbed her in if georgia told people the daughter was dead.....it all seems highly implausible, why would she become a killer over that.....guess Paula was just nuts. Very disappointing as the acting was so good.
              Acting was very good.....I still enjoyed it all the same.....I was wondering where I'd see Ellen before and remembered she was in a drama last year called "The A Word" her son was Autistic in it

Comment

Acting was very good.....I still enjoyed it all the same.....I was wondering where I'd see Ellen before and remembered she was in a drama last year called "The A Word" her son was Autistic in it
                God yes you're right.....I'd forgotten about that! Think it was set in the Lake District and I don't think she had a Scottish accent in it......now I'm going to have to google!
                No she didn't, though she is Scottish. Morven is such a nice name....if I could have another daughter I'd call her Morven......might have to get a cat......

Comment

God yes you're right.....I'd forgotten about that! Think it was set in the Lake District and I don't think she had a Scottish accent in it......now I'm going to have to google!
                  No she didn't, though she is Scottish. Morven is such a nice name....if I could have another daughter I'd call her Morven......might have to get a cat......
                  lol......I don't like cats

Comment

lol......I don't like cats
                    I wasn't getting you one.........what about a budgie?

Comment

I wasn't getting you one.........what about a budgie?
                      A Parrot then I can be nagged in stereo

Comment

A Parrot then I can be nagged in stereo
                        Here you go.......this fellah's only a baby so mind your language........
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here you go.......this fellah's only a baby so mind your language........
                          Thank's....I'll have him for lunch

Comment

Thank's....I'll have him for lunch
                            NOOOOOOOO!!

Comment

NOOOOOOOO!!
                              Lovely it was KFP......Katie Fried Parrot

Comment

The best Police drama in years is returning tomorrow night for a 4th series on BBC1 @ 9pm....Line of Duty ......watched the 3rd series again this week just to refresh my memory...Excellent

Comment

Working...
                                X