X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Did any of those lifts work ....
    Only the ones I did....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Stick a few trailers on the back of the bus .....sorted .
      Here they use articulated buses,just like the Luas

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
        Here they use articulated buses,just like the Luas
        Same here ED....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          1mm equals forty thousands of an inch........
          Last time I checked there's about 25 mm in an inch .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            The totalitarian EU has been holding back the natural growth of the inch. Not a lot of people know that...
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Bo , nearly walked into it myself . but 1000 over 25 is 40 .

Comment

If you were dealing in plumbing parts such as sockets and elbows it was 28mm equal to an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                  If you were dealing in plumbing parts such as sockets and elbows it was 28mm equal to an inch.
                  Plumbing sizes in Ireland are out of sync with the rest of Europe . They are still imperial , even GB is gone metric .

Comment

Bo , nearly walked into it myself . but 1000 over 25 is 40 .
                    Should that not be 25 over a 1000 ? . It still doesnt make sense Twobob that a millimetre is a thousand of an inch . 1000 mm is equal to one metre .

Comment

Should that not be 25 over a 1000 ? . It still doesnt make sense Twobob that a millimetre is a thousand of an inch . 1000 mm is equal to one metre .
                      Yep , arse about face .....1mm=.0393inch ...... 40 thousands of an inch =1mm .
                      Last edited by Twobob; 07-02-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                        To ensure the thread is on topic:

Noel Rock the TD for our area pushed for the timetable review on route 140 & same for the no 9 route. This is to alleviate overcrowding. He has announced the new 40L bus link will commence from Tyrellstown to broombridge linking with the LuasCrossCity soon. He intends to increase the frequency on route 83 & campaign for the luas green line to be expanded into Finglas. I saw 2 140's one after the other this morning. Like a bunch of bananas they were! ! Same with the LUAS! !
                        Overcrowding on the no 140 route was pretty bad yesterday evening - got the bus from Harts Corner around 6:15PM with my kids. Nearly was not going to board it was that packed and driver changed his mind and let me and the kids on. I tweeted a complaint to Dublin bus and Noel rock last night and it appeared I was not the only one not happy with the overcrowding last night. I even wondered where were the extra buses when they were needed?? Noel Rock said that no one complaimed on Monday as all seemed to be well.

When we got off at the stop outside Clearwater SC a few minutes later - a nearly empty 140 bus pulled up behind our bus. I said to my kids we should have waited on that bus but at the time we were not sure how long we would be waiting for next bus and secondly it was cold!! I hear its even worse on the LUAS!!!
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Yep , arse about face .....1mm=.0393inch ...... 40 thousands of an inch =1mm .
                          Ah right , Joe left out the th , it should have read thousandth of an inch .

Comment

25.4mm = 1 inch
                            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Packed buses drove past angry bus commuters 25 years ago when I lived in Blanchardstown, so nothing much changed in 25 years regarding packed buses at peak times.

Comment

Plumbing sizes in Ireland are out of sync with the rest of Europe . They are still imperial , even GB is gone metric .
                                Bo I have just been to B&Q getting some fittings and some of the fittings are labeled in inches and some are metric. I will give you a good one when I was working on the biggest job in the country at the time they used all English fittings and the reason being the didn’t want the workers robbing the fittings to do nixers

Comment

Working...
                                X