Daingean ..County Offaly.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    but surely the "God-fearing masses" could also be seen as victims? We're all products of our upbringing, and if people are brought up in fear of Hell and eternal damnation, there's not many that would question it......it's not as though most ordinary people would have known what was going on, and they'd have been taught to accept the authority of the priests without question......
    Carry on making excuses for what went on......You will definitely go to Heaven........
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      Carry on making excuses for what went on......You will definitely go to Heaven........
      I'm not making excuses. You accused the "God -fearing masses" of being complicit in this abuse. I am arguing that they were not.

Comment

I'm not making excuses. You accused the "God -fearing masses" of being complicit in this abuse. I am arguing that they were not.
        You were there then...?

Comment

You were there then...?
          No, I wasn't, but it's what I believe.

Comment

No, I wasn't, but it's what I believe.
            Based on what evidence.....?

Or are you just a ''believer'

Comment

Based on what evidence.....?

Or are you just a ''believer'
              If you like......I don't have any actual evidence. However I don't believe that my parents, for example, who were part of the "God-fearing masses" till the day they died, were complicit in the abuse of children by the Irish clergy. If you have evidence to the contrary, feel free to post it.

Comment

If you like......I don't have any actual evidence. However I don't believe that my parents, for example, who were part of the "God-fearing masses" till the day they died, were complicit in the abuse of children by the Irish clergy. If you have evidence to the contrary, feel free to post it.
                Did I mention your parents ?.....You have just mentioned them......

Comment

Did I mention your parents ?.....You have just mentioned them......
                  Not directly, but you did mention the "whole God - fearing country" and "the masses". Who exactly were you you referring to, if not to ordinary Irish Catholic people like my parents, when you used those words?

Comment

Not directly, but you did mention the "whole God - fearing country" and "the masses". Who exactly were you you referring to, if not to ordinary Irish Catholic people like my parents, when you used those words?
                    The same amount of people you were referring to when you called Brexit Voters ....''little Englanders''....

Comment

The same amount of people you were referring to when you called Brexit Voters ....''little Englanders''....
                      Though your Mod friend did say you were not referring to Kath as you had not mentioned her name...

Comment

Again: to whom were you referring when you used the phrases "God-fearing country" and "the masses"? Was it not ordinary Irish Catholic people? If not, who?

Comment

Again: to whom were you referring when you used the phrases "God-fearing country" and "the masses"? Was it not ordinary Irish Catholic people? If not, who?
                          Do you not understand English.......?
                          I said masses of people.....

Now do you really mean Kath is a ''Kath is a little Englander''......I think it is you who is a ''little Irelander''.....

Comment

Do you not understand English.......?
                            I said masses of people.....

Now do you really mean Kath is a ''Kath is a little Englander''......I think it is you who is a ''little Irelander''.....
                            You did, in fact, say the "whole country".
                            What has Kath got to do with clerical abuse in Ireland? Nothing. So any mention of her, and of Brexit, is irrelevant to this thread.
                            I do see what you mean about the God fearing masses; they'd have had absolute trust in the clergy and so would not have questioned them. I'd say that's as far as their culpability extends.

Comment

You did, in fact, say the "whole country".
                              What has Kath got to do with clerical abuse in Ireland? Nothing. So any mention of her, and of Brexit, is irrelevant to this thread.
                              I do see what you mean about the God fearing masses; they'd have had absolute trust in the clergy and so would not have questioned them. I'd say that's as far as their culpability extends.
                              You can say whatever you like......(little Irelander)

You were not there...I have no interest in what you say as it is purely guesswork.........

Comment

You can say whatever you like......(little Irelander)

You were not there...I have no interest in what you say as it is purely guesswork.........
                                Wow! You really know how to debate, Joe!
                                Why are you getting so steamed up?

Comment

Working...
                                X