The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
    Been to London a good few times.....never been to Muswell Hill / Finchley area ...
    It's very posh now - you wouldn't be let in.......
    Muswell Hill especially. It's the sort of Guardian-Reader area that's full of organic supermarkets and designer boutiques.........

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      It's very posh now - you wouldn't be let in.......
      Muswell Hill especially. It's the sort of Guardian-Reader area that's full of organic supermarkets and designer boutiques.........
      I'm used to staying in Elephant & Castle ....lol
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

I'm used to staying in Elephant & Castle ....lol
        That's one place I've never been! London is so huge that Londoners tend to stick to their own areas. I only really know North London and parts of North-West - Golders Green, Brent Cross etc. Of course I'm familiar with the city and West End but no more so than most tourists, and there are parts of London I've never been to - no reason to go.........it's not like Dublin where everywhere is so close together.

Comment

• When I go I tend to stay around the Paddington / Hyde Park area.....I remember spending a week or so in Croyden liked the area.....spent a few long weekend in Elephant & Castle....my friend's sister lived there and a few of us would go over and always ended up going to White Hart Lane to see Spurs as my friend was a supporter

Comment

• Estate Agent's video for Muswell Hill - think you'll see what I mean about the Organic Guardian Reader vibe......

Comment

• It's lovely......exactly my type of area.....would live there in a heartbeat

Comment

It's lovely......exactly my type of area.....would live there in a heartbeat
                Hefty price tag, though.......

Comment

• In the Letter's section in today's Irish Independent .....the main letter is from a man from "Muswell Hill London" it's about Donald Trump......I wonder did he submit it to the "Barnet Bugle" and it was rejected ?

Comment

• If it was anti-Trump(and if the writer lives in Muswell Hill I'm sure it would have been)- then the Bugle would certainly have published it if it had been submitted to us first. Not that we're biased or anything.
                    I wonder why the person wrote to an Irish paper? Must be Irish or Plastic at least.......

Comment

If it was anti-Trump(and if the writer lives in Muswell Hill I'm sure it would have been)- then the Bugle would certainly have published it if it had been submitted to us first. Not that we're biased or anything.
                      I wonder why the person wrote to an Irish paper? Must be Irish or Plastic at least.......
                      Doesn't sound Irish......Harry Charalambou..........

Comment

Doesn't sound Irish......Harry Charalambou..........
                        Irish-Cypriot........

Comment

Irish-Cypriot........
                          Probably thinks he's entitled to an Irish passport now that his letter was published in an Irish newspaper.......and would probably get it

Comment

• Still on the subject of Muswell, this is the Kinks' old house and the pub across the road where they played their first gig in 1963
                            Attached Files

Comment

• And at the end of the road - Fortis Green - the music department at the Bugle has informed me that this house, called Fairport, was where Fairport Convention got their name from - one of them lived there, guy called Simon Nicol (I don't know much about them.) Think his dad was a GP. House is still there.

So there was KatieMorag at one end of the road, Fairport Convention at the other and the Kinks in the middle......what an distinguished road........
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Was big into them in my teens and early 20's....seen them many times in concert........great band live . English folk / rock......still have some of their old albums.

Comment

Working...
                                X