No announcement yet.

The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A work colleague whose wife is Italian was telling me yesterday that in Italy women don't take the husband's name upon marriage, although the kids do. I'd never heard that before.

Comment

• same with the French here in quebec..... I know one family theres three kids...one kid has the hubbys name and two have the mothers..must make tracing family history a pain in the bum and next to near impossible lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
        same with the French here in quebec..... I know one family theres three kids...one kid has the hubbys name and two have the mothers..must make tracing family history a pain in the bum and next to near impossible lol
        Yes, and in Spain they have the double-barrelled thing.........I suppose it is just simpler for everyone in the family to have the same name......I don't feel strongly about it from a feminist perspective though I know some women do

Comment

• I dont either although i did see it cause some confusions for kids at school not having the same names as their parents & siblings lol....

Comment

• Just flicking through the tv stations and seen an eposide of "Katie Morag"....thought it was a fictitious name
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
              Just flicking through the tv stations and seen an eposide of "Katie Morag"....thought it was a fictitious name
              They copied me........

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                They copied me........
                She's the image of you....Mop of red hair tied in a bow at the back...freckles ...and a big Arran type jumper....and a Scottish accent

Comment

She's the image of you....Mop of red hair tied in a bow at the back...freckles ...and a big Arran type jumper....and a Scottish accent
                  Yes, it's a little disturbing that she's always in the same jumper.......her folks must have a bit of money as they run the village post office......

Comment

That's the Barnet Bugle..
                    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Yes, it's a little disturbing that she's always in the same jumper.......her folks must have a bit of money as they run the village post office......
                      Didn't stay on it long enough to get that information

Comment

• Cancelled the expensive hair appointment today, btw.....the cheap place hadn't closed after all, I was looking at old estate agents details! So booked to go there next Saturday. Will have to be grey and wild-looking for another week.

Comment

Cancelled the expensive hair appointment today, btw.....the cheap place hadn't closed after all, I was looking at old estate agents details! So booked to go there next Saturday. Will have to be grey and wild-looking for another week.
                          Tie it back like Katie....or put a woolly hat on.......

Comment

Tie it back like Katie....or put a woolly hat on.......
                            Or a Tam O'Shanter.......

Comment

Or a Tam O'Shanter.......
                              Made for you

Comment

• I sent off to the GRO for my dad's birth cert. a week or so ago.....it arrived today, in fact 2 of them arrived today, in separate envelopes with the same covering letter!

Comment

Working...
                                X