No announcement yet.

The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love finding stuff down the couch.....you really never know whats going to show up hehe even stuff you never had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      i love finding stuff down the couch.....you really never know whats going to show up hehe even stuff you never had.
      MKM.....it's actually amazing what you can find down a sofa.....we found an old Russian bank note from the Soviet period.......worth absolutely ......fuck all

Comment

• lol...i think we have a fairy here who scatters pennies around....considering willie and i very seldom carry cash it cant be us....and even if by some fluke we do have cash..the grandkids relieve us of it fast.....i think they can smell money

our youngest grandson is 5 and hes saving up to order his own pizza now weve ordered him pizza given him the money for pizza but hes insistent on saving pennies..and hes every intention of paying for the pizza delivery with his pennies....

kids are funny creatures.

Comment

lol...i think we have a fairy here who scatters pennies around....considering willie and i very seldom carry cash it cant be us....and even if by some fluke we do have cash..the grandkids relieve us of it fast.....i think they can smell money

our youngest grandson is 5 and hes saving up to order his own pizza now weve ordered him pizza given him the money for pizza but hes insistent on saving pennies..and hes every intention of paying for the pizza delivery with his pennies....

MKM.......times are interesting indeed........my granny had 16 children......my ma had 5.....I have two......then got the snip......it was so idiotically cool in the 70s .......like something out of a Mike Leigh play

Comment

lol...i think we have a fairy here who scatters pennies around....considering willie and i very seldom carry cash it cant be us....and even if by some fluke we do have cash..the grandkids relieve us of it fast.....i think they can smell money

They are expensive creatures too Helen, especially the grand children because they are more street wise than their parents

Comment

• yes your right Vic...but god i have to say i actually might love my grandkids more than their parents hehee....so they pretty much can depend on getting what they want from either willie or i lol....but they seldom ask for anything...their parents say because we preempt their wishes lol

i hear ya Nick..... but i see a trend towards bigger families specially here now....the younger crew seem to want to live small...leave a smaller footprint....buy less repurpose more...but spread their genes further lol..

My granny was an only child, my mother an only child..i have one sibling....but i had 4 kids.....go figure i guess i was a bit on the slow side hehee when i figured the cause....i got snipped too lol..

Comment

yes your right Vic...but god i have to say i actually might love my grandkids more than their parents hehee....so they pretty much can depend on getting what they want from either willie or i lol....but they seldom ask for anything...their parents say because we preempt their wishes lol

i hear ya Nick..... but i see a trend towards bigger families specially here now....the younger crew seem to want to live small...leave a smaller footprint....buy less repurpose more...but spread their genes further lol..

My granny was an only child, my mother an only child..i have one sibling....but i had 4 kids.....go figure i guess i was a bit on the slow side hehee when i figured the cause....i got snipped too lol..
                your gas to be sure.......DTW is conspicuous by his absence

Comment

• hes probably off busy today.....maybe even he'll come back later with flowers for you..ya never know....

I might be getting a divorce today...willie refuses to chase a cat out of the garden, he says its a lovely friendly cat and hes not going to look like a bad guy to it.. Im going to look like the cats murderer soon if i cant go out to get a smoke......

Comment

hes probably off busy today.....maybe even he'll come back later with flowers for you..ya never know....

I might be getting a divorce today...willie refuses to chase a cat out of the garden, he says its a lovely friendly cat and hes not going to look like a bad guy to it.. Im going to look like the cats murderer soon if i cant go out to get a smoke......
                    I am just thinking to myself and I don’t remember one person in Crumlin where I grew up who liked cats,seriously I never saw a cat in Crumlin when I was growing up

Comment

hes probably off busy today.....maybe even he'll come back later with flowers for you..ya never know....

Helen there a few things you could try to deter the cat. They don't like the smell of orange peels. You could try putting some around the perimeter of the garden. This one is not so nice, but it does work. You can buy a small cat repellent. How it works is that it gives off a high pitched signal that cannot be heard by the human ear, but can be heard by cats or dogs. They don't like it and will stay away from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        Helen there a few things you could try to deter the cat. They don't like the smell of orange peels. You could try putting some around the perimeter of the garden. This one is not so nice, but it does work. You can buy a small cat repellent. How it works is that it gives off a high pitched signal that cannot be heard by the human ear, but can be heard by cats or dogs. They don't like it and will stay away from it.
                        There is another thing that gives off a high pitched sound,it has a trigger on it.

Comment

• I love Black Cats

Because

They make great night time targets
                          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                            I am just thinking to myself and I don’t remember one person in Crumlin where I grew up who liked cats,seriously I never saw a cat in Crumlin when I was growing up
                            Same in Korea....they eat them... and dogs ....gross.
                            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                              By the gross .

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                                We didn’t eat cats our dogs did

Comment

Working...
                                X