New bus link for Finglas to Broombridge Luas stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bus link for Finglas to Broombridge Luas stop

Now u can get the LUAS to work, Dundrum Town Centre et al.

New Dublin Bus Route Has Answered The Prayers Of Many People On The Northside

Finally.

The Irish Examiner is reporting that a new Dublin Bus service that connects customers from Finglas to the Luas Green Line at Broombridge could be able for use from as early as March.

Calls for this link have been talked about for a long period of time but the National Transport Authority and Dublin Bus have both finally reached a preliminary agreement.

This agreement would see the new route begin as soon as possible.

Noel Rock, Fine Gael TD, has been one of the main voices behind this new route and stated that Finglas has always been treated badly.

On the Fine Gael website before the announcement, he said:

"A NEW bus service connecting a Dublin suburb to the new Luas line is needed to ease traffic congestion and commuter frustration"

"A bus connection between Finglas and Broombridge would allow commuters from Finglas to get to the city centre in around half an hour. This could be a major boost to the area, reducing the traffic on our roads and tackling the strain of overcrowded services like the 140 Dublin Bus route.

"This proposal would make a lot of sense, and has been positively received by Dublin Bus and by the people of Finglas.

"I am hopeful that this interim bus connection could be the first step in the process of getting an actual LUAS extension to Finglas, something that would greatly enhance our community here. LUAS is a great service and we cannot stop at last month’s expansion of the Green Line.

"Finglas has always been treated badly when it comes to investment in new public transport – that needs to end," he concluded.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Another article from Dublin Live - http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin...mpression=true
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Heard something on the radio yesterday Suzie about the Luas itself being extended to Finglas from Broombridge. Would be a great addition to the area if it were to happen....
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
        Heard something on the radio yesterday Suzie about the Luas itself being extended to Finglas from Broombridge. Would be a great addition to the area if it were to happen....
        Yes It would be a great benefit to Finglas if that was to happen. I think Noel Rock TD is going to push for it. Also if you googled finglas luas extension it has been reported a few times in the past few years. Theres been a few occasions I would be on a 40 bus at rush hour and it would be jammers with passengers.

Walking wise Broombridge is about 20 mins away for me.

Not having used the Green line LUAS in a long time I took it cross city from Westmoreland St to Parnell with my family on our way home from a weekend away 2 weeks ago. I could see what my hubby was at when we did that. He was trying to see if it connected us with the 40D bus and it did at that time.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          Yes It would be a great benefit to Finglas if that was to happen. I think Noel Rock TD is going to push for it. Also if you googled finglas luas extension it has been reported a few times in the past few years. Theres been a few occasions I would be on a 40 bus at rush hour and it would be jammers with passengers.

Walking wise Broombridge is about 20 mins away for me.

Not having used the Green line LUAS in a long time I took it cross city from Westmoreland St to Parnell with my family on our way home from a weekend away 2 weeks ago. I could see what my hubby was at when we did that. He was trying to see if it connected us with the 40D bus and it did at that time.
          Yeah... was Noel Rock I heard on the radio.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

I
            Originally posted by cogito View Post
            Yeah... was Noel Rock I heard on the radio.
            Yeah also saw a tweet from Cllr Paul Mc aulife about the Fingluas campaign. There is a petition for it too. http://d11luas.com/ twitter handle @d11luas facebook page here
            Last edited by Suzieq; 15-01-2018, 10:51 PM.
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter. A sign of things to come. Dublin Bus connection to Broombridge luas stop from Finglas.
              Attached Files
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Noel Rock TD has announced that the new 40L feeder bus will be commencing soon connecting Tyrellstown, Ballycoolin, Cappagh, Finglas West with the Cross City LUAS. Unfortunately it won't be serving Scribblestown, the village, Charlestown & Finglas East. I am aware the frequency of the no 9 & 140's have been increased. There were calls as well for the 83 to be increased. See more here
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Say hello to the new 40E route

Good news for Finglas.

A brand new Dublin Bus route is starting in the capital next month

Dublin Bus announced the new route earlier plus a map & timetable of the route enclosed here
                  Last edited by Suzieq; 16-11-2018, 05:13 PM. Reason: Added another link
                  UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X