No announcement yet.

The History of Crumlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if we all post on a thread we find, then eventually we will get used to the new layout

Comment

• Good idea Bigby, it is always takes time to get used to something new

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        Good idea Bigby, it is always takes time to get used to something new
        Looking at the history of Crumlin it was one of Joan Macs favourites

Comment

• I enjoyed the stories and photos, although I think the border of Kimmage and Crumlin has always been along Stannaway down to Sundrive from KCR. It also used to cover what people now call Terenure. Terenure must be the largest suburb in all of Dublin based by what people claim!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsmurfo View Post
            I enjoyed the stories and photos, although I think the border of Kimmage and Crumlin has always been along Stannaway down to Sundrive from KCR. It also used to cover what people now call Terenure. Terenure must be the largest suburb in all of Dublin based by what people claim!
            There used to be a wall splitter Stannaway road, if you were coming down from Sundrive just pass the Cashel road cross roads that’s were the wall was. I don’t know if it was the border of Crumlin and Kimmage but the 83 bus that had its terminus on the top of Stannaway had Kimmage written on it. Just before you got to that wall was called the pocket by the locals, there was a few well known people lived in the pocket one was Noggie Nolan who was MR Gay in the group Mr gay and the city gents and another was Dick Dunne father of Richard Dunne the great Irish footballer

Comment

• I remember that the kimmage end of Clonard road used to be poddle park as they were all built at the same time. It got renamed to clonard road sometime in the 90s?
              Also to add to the confusion Kimmage manor is in Perrystown.
              Suburbs aren't really definitive ever, where one ends and another starts is always up for debate

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsmurfo View Post
                I remember that the kimmage end of Clonard road used to be poddle park as they were all built at the same time. It got renamed to clonard road sometime in the 90s?
                Also to add to the confusion Kimmage manor is in Perrystown.
                Suburbs aren't really definitive ever, where one ends and another starts is always up for debate
                Another confusing thing Drimnagh was once called North Crumlin

Comment

Working...
                X