In all honesty ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In all honesty ...

Are you glad to be at the age you are and not having to be facing this [below] and starting out in life ...... read:https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/home...cid=spartanntp

My daughter just bought a house and expects to move in soon....a huge mortgage around her neck for the next 32 years .....madness
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
      My daughter just bought a house and expects to move in soon....a huge mortgage around her neck for the next 32 years .....madness
      It's a rock and a hard place Dinny ....renting can be just as expensive , sheer and utter madness again, heart goes out to them .

There will be some [ and good luck to them ] who can afford this madness , but for majority [?] it will be a roll of the dice .

Comment

Do a lot of young couples move out to more affordable areas within commuting distance? That's what usually happens here. Some my relations moved to places like Ratoath and Ashbourne, some years back, but I don't know if that was for affordability or because the cheaper areas of Dublin were less desirable. Having said that even further out locations here are expensive now, like Hertfordshire, Essex etc.

Comment

Yes the amount of young people that moved outside Dublin to the surrounding counties during the boom was in the thousands .....moving as far away as Cavan ,Monaghan & Wexford....just so they could afford to buy a house....Then when the crash happened and the house prices plummeted they found themselves in negative equity , paying big mortgages on houses that were worth less than half what they paid for them.....and they exact same thing is happening again .....we never learn from past mistakes....
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
            It's a rock and a hard place Dinny ....renting can be just as expensive , sheer and utter madness again, heart goes out to them .

There will be some [ and good luck to them ] who can afford this madness , but for majority [?] it will be a roll of the dice .

Look on the bright-side.......They will be giving Turkey, the Ukraine, Georgia and a few more Countries billions..and according to the Europhiles that will make them rich....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
              Dinny I have learnt that there's grants available for updating heating, insulation and renovations. My brother applied for these & passed for them. I will do so likewise. Viewed my new house yesterday.
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                Look on the bright-side.......They will be giving Turkey, the Ukraine, Georgia and a few more Countries billions..and according to the Europhiles that will make them rich....
                Half empty again eh.....
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                  Half empty again eh.....
                  You said that........the people referred to will be glad to hear your forecasts.....

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    Do a lot of young couples move out to more affordable areas within commuting distance? That's what usually happens here. Some my relations moved to places like Ratoath and Ashbourne, some years back, but I don't know if that was for affordability or because the cheaper areas of Dublin were less desirable. Having said that even further out locations here are expensive now, like Hertfordshire, Essex etc.
                    Yep , known as ' satellite towns ' .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Yep , known as ' satellite towns ' .
                      Like Kiev..?

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                        You said that........the people referred to will be glad to hear your forecasts.....
                        Youre simply a HEJ ...Half Empty Joe

Comment

It's the same thing here in Orangeville Ontario. It's 55 miles north west of downtown.Toronto,and house prices have become prohibitive. I'm ok I don't have a mortgage. Being retired it doesn't bother me,but a lot of people have that daily grind of driving back and forth on choked highways daily. Sheer madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
                            It's the same thing here in Orangeville Ontario. It's 55 miles north west of downtown.Toronto,and house prices have become prohibitive. I'm ok I don't have a mortgage. Being retired it doesn't bother me,but a lot of people have that daily grind of driving back and forth on choked highways daily. Sheer madness.
                            Madness is right Ed.....Its the worker bees that suffer most.....all those who keep the wheels turning......nurses.....hotel workers...cleaners.....bus and train drivers...etc..all those minimum wage ppl who can barely afford to pay the over inflated rents in inner cities........buying ????? Not a chance in hell !!!
                            Worker bee accommodation should be ringfenced in some way or other......by area say.....where ppl are only expected to pay according to their income.....means tested if ye like.....but it cant go on as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                              Madness is right Ed.....Its the worker bees that suffer most.....all those who keep the wheels turning......nurses.....hotel workers...cleaners.....bus and train drivers...etc..all those minimum wage ppl who can barely afford to pay the over inflated rents in inner cities........buying ????? Not a chance in hell !!!
                              Worker bee accommodation should be ringfenced in some way or other......by area say.....where ppl are only expected to pay according to their income.....means tested if ye like.....but it cant go on as it is.
                              Not sailors with guaranteed incomes...They just criticise those that have to actually earn a living....

Comment

Working...
                              X