Old Chestnut Gun control US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Chestnut Gun control US

This subject keeps raising it's ugly head where there is no end to killings in America due to the crazy gun laws where young and old can legally buy any calibre of weapons in many states. Yet they won't allow any one under 21 to drink.The Las Vegas massacre is a shocking reminder that mass killings will not cease. This bloke was really untouchable as he had the high ground and it was almost impossible to get to him, thankfully he killed himself, as who knows how many more would be dead. Trumps hollow statement on the killings was as expected a miserable attempt at sorrow, in my opinion.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
    This subject keeps raising it's ugly head where there is no end to killings in America due to the crazy gun laws where young and old can legally buy any calibre of weapons in many states. Yet they won't allow any one under 21 to drink.The Las Vegas massacre is a shocking reminder that mass killings will not cease. This bloke was really untouchable as he had the high ground and it was almost impossible to get to him, thankfully he killed himself, as who knows how many more would be dead. Trumps hollow statement on the killings was as expected a miserable attempt at sorrow, in my opinion.
    Whatever about the point of ' having the right to bare arms ' , which will be discussed and debated back and forth , but the right to bare ' military style weapons ' is just beyond comprehension , from an outsiders point of view anyway .

Comment

Tragic scenes that have left the whole world shocked......

I saw the frustrated face of a President without the power to change things in the future
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

One of the issues is that gun laws vary from state to state. Enforcing current federal gun laws and requiring background investigations with a waiting period across all states would help in some cases - but not in the case of what just happened. There are ways for 'collectors' to get weapons that no one else can get. It requires a great deal of money and a special background investigate. All indications say the murderer legally acquired his weapons because he had the money to do it. Of course there are illegal ways to get these weapons too. Not sure what the answer for that is. It's horrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
          One of the issues is that gun laws vary from state to state. Enforcing current federal gun laws and requiring background investigations with a waiting period across all states would help in some cases - but not in the case of what just happened. There are ways for 'collectors' to get weapons that no one else can get. It requires a great deal of money and a special background investigate. All indications say the murderer legally acquired his weapons because he had the money to do it. Of course there are illegal ways to get these weapons too. Not sure what the answer for that is. It's horrifying.
          Eileen....There are legal and illegal ways to get Bomb making material.....People with an insane desire to murder other people are the real problem.....

All they seem to need is a cause or a personal reason to carry out such atrocities.....

Comment

That's true Joe. Where there's a will there's a way. Some of the most horrific mass murders and acts of terror were committed without guns but we do need to be realistic about the number of shootings in the US. Can people get guns illegally - yes but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make it a tad more difficult to get them legally.

Comment

That's true Joe. Where there's a will there's a way. Some of the most horrific mass murders and acts of terror were committed without guns but we do need to be realistic about the number of shootings in the US. Can people get guns illegally - yes but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make it a tad more difficult to get them legally.
              Of course Eileen, that is also my opinion......But those who stand up and say they want the Gun laws to stay as they are, are not the Murderers.....

Comment

True. I know it's a very emotional debate on all sides.

Comment

True. I know it's a very emotional debate on all sides.
                  It is a very big Country Eileen.....Consisting of so many different States it will always be a nightmare to Govern....

Comment

I read that 15000 people were shot dead in the US last year. It is a mind set in america I feel. I was in Wisconsin in 2009 and everybody in almost all families had guns, and all those used it to killl deer, and mount them as trophies.I went into gun stores with friends we had there and in my view it was easy to get guns. I have never had the inclination to kill anything. I was at a farm about 40 years ago, and we were shooting at rabbits. I was happy I was a terrible shot. Someone shot a bird and it put me right off. I don't think Trump knows how to express sorrow.
                    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
                      I read that 15000 people were shot dead in the US last year. It is a mind set in america I feel. I was in Wisconsin in 2009 and everybody in almost all families had guns, and all those used it to killl deer, and mount them as trophies.I went into gun stores with friends we had there and in my view it was easy to get guns. I have never had the inclination to kill anything. I was at a farm about 40 years ago, and we were shooting at rabbits. I was happy I was a terrible shot. Someone shot a bird and it put me right off. I don't think Trump knows how to express sorrow.
                      You could nearly double that stat Tony , 1.1 million have died from guns in the US since John Lennon was killed . The US administrations never had the courage to face down the gun lobby and never will . They have no problem spending billions on their military starting wars and killing people around the world ( apparently to make Americans safe , " thank you for your service ") so a mini genocide every year is not going to bother them .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                        You could nearly double that stat Tony , 1.1 million have died from guns in the US since John Lennon was killed . The US administrations never had the courage to face down the gun lobby and never will . They have no problem spending billions on their military starting wars and killing people around the world ( apparently to make Americans safe , " thank you for your service ") so a mini genocide every year is not going to bother them .
                        On reading that stat Bo , initially I thought sweet jazus ........but on breaking it down [ now I know stats came be misleading , as such ] it would average almost 2 per day per state and for the size of each state ..... well , maybe not as shocking as 1st thought .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                          On reading that stat Bo , initially I thought sweet jazus ........but on breaking it down [ now I know stats came be misleading , as such ] it would average almost 2 per day per state and for the size of each state ..... well , maybe not as shocking as 1st thought .
                          States do vary in population size from 585k to 39 million. California had 3095 deaths by firearms in 2015 but when you factor in its population of 39 million its the 8 safest state. While Wyoming with the lowest population size of all the states is the 48th safest state for death by firearms.

2015 Fire arm moratlity per state

Comment

lots of statistics for whatever you want to focus on, last year in the u.s 4,500 were killed crossing the street, in 2012 33,500 were killed in traffic accidents. I think Norway had the one of the worst or worst mass shootings in recent times, and that's considered a very moderate country regarding violent crime and gun ownership. its the people who commit murder ,not the weapons wheather it be guns , knives ,cars, planes ,trucks, these crazies will find a way.
                            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                              lots of statistics for whatever you want to focus on, last year in the u.s 4,500 were killed crossing the street, in 2012 33,500 were killed in traffic accidents. I think Norway had the one of the worst or worst mass shootings in recent times, and that's considered a very moderate country regarding violent crime and gun ownership. its the people who commit murder ,not the weapons wheather it be guns , knives ,cars, planes ,trucks, these crazies will find a way.
                              But the one stat that stands out is that the states with the tighter gun control have less firearms death.

Comment

Working...
                              X