No announcement yet.

anyone here from walkinstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you know the lawless family on the avenue??

they are relations of mine

Comment

agh the greenflies

great fun there years ago

Comment

can you please pm again thanks

Comment

hi shauni43, yes I lived next door to the calahans and the o briens, your bro was a great pal as was john mangan, and Michael Farrell and Michael byrne and joe freer R,I,P. we went everywhere togeather we had our honda50s that was our transport to our dance venues. and yes you are right, we were mad, crazy bastards, do anything for a laugh. I left there in 1963, as for andy whelen, did he go to study to become a priest, did you know alfie coulahan and the smiths and the coxes, and the bushes.

Comment

Hi Dunwack , just picking up on this thread again as I think this Forum is overly complex, fussy and confusing . The layout is too misleading and complicated , WHY ? Who can sort it out . Anyhow good to hear you knew a number of the guys around our area . I was Pat's ''big'' brother , and remember most of the guys you mentioned . Andy Whelan was a mate of mine and he did go away to be a Christian Brother as I was also supposed to do ??. But I know he left it after a couple of years and its so long ago that I met him in the toilets by accident of the Crystal ballroom , so there . I dont know what happened after that as I was then in England ,but my Mother was a source of knowledge and thinks he lived in Stillorgan . All bloody years ago approx 50 at least .I heard from Sean Calnan recently and he lives in California . I have seen his sister Jo who lives in Sligo a few times over the years . Barry died many years ago and Eamon I think is in London .I will try remember to go onto this site more often .In the meantime I wish we couls be 'alerted' by e-mail when a post comes on for us. Regards

Comment

dunwack

Hi Dunwack are you still out there . Nothing has happened since last September

Comment

Originally posted by shaunie43 View Post
                Hi Dunwack are you still out there . Nothing has happened since last September
                Haven't seen dun wacky on here in ages but he does be on Facebook sometimes.
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Kestral pub up for sale again....final offers going in ....sadly it had become a dirty kip that let the wrong crowd in

We have a wide list of licensed & leisure property listings in your range and budget. Choose from our newly listed properties based on your needs.

Comment

oh i thought it closed down a few years ago im surprised to see its still there

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      Bought by one of the Mc Gowans but he ran it badly

Comment

oh ok......god im too long gone from ireland lol.

Comment

oh ok......god im too long gone from ireland lol.
                          There are a lot of pubs no more now in Dublin....lots replaced by all new shiny apartments or flats as we used to call them
                          And now with the new drink driving limits it will be the death knell for a lot more....

Comment

The submarine bar is closed a few years now. Sad to see it being disused now.
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by avcah View Post
                              Kestral pub up for sale again....final offers going in ....sadly it had become a dirty kip that let the wrong crowd in

https://www.lisney.com/commercial-pr...town-d12/24419
                              The cherry tree is more popular Lollipop
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                                The submarine bar is closed a few years now. Sad to see it being disused now.
                                Super pubs was the way to go when the tiger was roaring now most use just one section of a pub ....rest is going to waste....

Comment

Working...
                                X