Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army 'Birther' trial begins.

Army "Birther" Trial Begins

The Army lieutenant colonel who refused to deploy to Afghanistan because he won't accept orders from President Obama, whom he considers unqualified to be commander in chief, has pleaded guilty to one charge against him. Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin pleaded guilty to not reporting to Fort Campbell, Ky., for his required deployment to Afghanistan.

Lakin, a doctor and 17-year soldier, believes Obama wasn't born in the United States, and therefore does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president. He could face up to 18 months in prison, but NBC News cited sources who said that instead of jail time, it's "likely" the court will order Lakin discharged from the military. At the hearing, Lakin told the court that he still believes that questions surround Obama's presidency but that he should not have refused to deploy during his protest.
    "I believed there was a question that needs to be answered to ensure a valid chain of command," Lakin said, "But I had asked every question, done everything else I could short of disobeying orders, without success."

Question: Should Lakin be punished for his refusal to deploy based on the fact that he doesn't believe that President Obama is entitled to be Commander in Chief?
    Attached Files
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Well if he's not dismissed from the army it will open a floodgate of similar "reasons" for not complying with orders. Fire him for insubordination and refusing to carry out a legitimate order from his commanding officer. I don't think it even comes under the heading of being against his religious beliefs etc. or conscious objector.

Comment

I can't think of any other army in the world where this guy would be even heard of. In my experience he would be arrested for insubordination, court martialled, found guilty and given a dishonourable discharge and "Good bye Mr Lakin, enjoy your life as a civilian!"

Comment

Racism

Comment

FORT MEADE, Md. – An Army doctor who disobeyed orders to deploy to Afghanistan because he questioned President Barack Obama's eligibility to be commander in chief was sentenced by a jury Thursday to six months in a military prison and dismissal from the Army.

MORE

Note: Most of the videos about him on You Tube are in his defence!!

Comment

17 years in. Did he question Clinton or Bush's birth place? Why only the black President's?
            Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
              17 years in. Did he question Clinton or Bush's birth place? Why only the black President's?
              I'd say he has the same DNA as our Camou.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                I can't think of any other army in the world where this guy would be even heard of. In my experience he would be arrested for insubordination, court martialled, found guilty and given a dishonourable discharge and "Good bye Mr Lakin, enjoy your life as a civilian!"
                Yeah - feck him out. He'll probably get his own radio or cable TV show...
                Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                  Yeah - feck him out. He'll probably get his own radio or cable TV show...
                  Yes I see another Glen Beck or an Ollie North on the horizon!
                  Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Geez, I'm not seeing this guy in the news here in the states where I watch the news.

Yep, with the military he does not get to question orders in this manner.....he's probably so busted.

He likely could have just resigned his commission as an officer, so fer sure he's just trying to make some anti-Obama point. The military cannot carry on with such individual opinions at work....I say court martial the fucker.
                    I believe in.......

Comment

One must wonder why the publicity at all. In fact refusing to face the enemy in a time of war means you can be shot dead. As the US claims to be at war, and the 'enemy' is in the country he refused to go to.... shoot him. Otherwise others will follow and then where would the US army find combatants for their 'wars'.

Comment

1 JANUARY 2011, IS LT COLONEL LAKIN DAY!!

Take time today and every day, to pause and say a prayer for HERO & PATRIOT, United States Army Lt Colonel T. Lakin, who is currently imprisoned in the Ft Leavenworth detention center, for making the ultimate sacrifice by honoring his military OATH as a military officer, to defend the Constitution of the United States and the United states of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic!
                        Attached Files
                        Camouflage

Stockpile supplies, learn survival skills, pray!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                          Racism
                          Originally posted by boxman View Post
                          Stop playing the race card. This has nothing to to with Obama's skin color. Nothing at all. People born outside the US, or those who have given up their US citizenship to become citizens of other countries, are disqualified from becoming POTUS.
                          I am definitely not a Clinton or Bush supporter. But both these men are natural born US citizens, something Obama is not.
                          Col Lakin was right to refuse orders from a man who entered the oval office by fraud.
                          Camouflage

Comment

Well as I said in an earlier post:

"In my experience he would be arrested for insubordination, court martialled, found guilty and given a dishonourable discharge and "Good bye Mr Lakin, enjoy your life as a civilian!"

Nothing I have heard or learned about the case has done anything to change my mind.

I wonder how he conducted himself at his Court Martial. Did he follow the orders of senior NCO and Officers. And now in military confinement is he doing what he is told?

Because if he followed orders at the time of arrest, trial and now in prison he was/is following orders which were issued on behalf of is CinC.

How come he carried on wearing his dress uniform and decorations? Why didn't he refuse to wear a uniform at his trial.... and his appearances before press and TV cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                              Well as I said in an earlier post:

"In my experience he would be arrested for insubordination, court martialled, found guilty and given a dishonourable discharge and "Good bye Mr Lakin, enjoy your life as a civilian!"

The one person who should be arrested and thrown into jail for fraud, treason and other crimes against God and America is Barry Soetoro, calling himself "Barack Obama", posing as natural born US citizen and the US President.
                              "Good bye Barry, enjoy your stay at Gitmo till we deport you to your home country Indonesia!"
                              Camouflage

Comment

Working...
                              X