No announcement yet.

Repealing the Eighth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol! Oh Vico I admire your son and your daughter in law and you for adopting children with Special needs who I know you all adore' Its sad to think they would have been aborted maybe in todays world and you know they have special talents Your a Granny in a million

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Even though she's a 'cnut' if she exercises that right ?
      I think the pro-life view is that once life has begun, however rudimentary, it has as much value as any other life, and that taking away that life is just as much a crime as any other murder. That was my stance when I was very anti. I have changed somewhat over the years and would now put the very real, practical needs of the woman concerned above the theoretical right to life of a very immature foetus who isn't even aware it has a life at all. That said, I completely understand the pro-life view and it annoys me that this is seen as a feminist issue and that those in the pro-life camp are automatically lumped together with those who want to oppress women. From what I've seen on this thread most people, and women in particular, approach this subject from a position of integrity, believing the foetus' life is sacrosanct and of as much value as anyone elses, not out of a desire to keep women tied to the kitchen sink. It's time to stop labelling pro-lifers as right-wing nutcases and pro-choicers as baby-hating apologists for murder. Both have their own take on what is right and just and this should be acknowledged by both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
        Roughly 85% of the population in Ireland is Catholic....that would make the likelihood of the medical staff in Irish hospitals being Catholic, very high. If the new legislation allows abortion on demand up until 12 weeks..who will perform or assist at these abortions.
        If the referendum is passed it will be as a result of the majority of the population having decided so... the medical profession are drawn from the same population you refer to.
        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Even though she's a 'cnut' if she exercises that right ?
          but that phrase is inoffensive to me as a woman but to a man it can be an insult.
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
            but that phrase is inoffensive to me as a woman but to a man it can be an insult.
            I know quite a few women who would object to be termed a c.u.n.t.
            Last edited by cogito; 10-03-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Meant to share this link earlier today but here you go now. https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36682050.html
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I know quite a few women who would object to be termed a c.u.n.t.
                Yeah I probably know some myself.
                Last edited by cogito; 10-03-2018, 12:09 AM.
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                  Yeah I probably know some myself.
                  No need for the cutsie term 'cnut' then Suzie - the word '****' is now unblocked, but I'd be weary about using it, even to women.

Comment

• Its a totally disgusting word unacceptable to most women

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                      Its a totally disgusting word unacceptable to most women
                      I agree Joan, it is disgusting. I see no need for anybody to use it.

Comment

• Not to distract from the thread.... the word is back in the black box.

Comment

No need for the cutsie term 'cnut' then Suzie - the word '****' is now unblocked, but I'd be weary about using it, even to women.
                          Only seen this now. Didn't make the Rally for life March but it was a big turnout.

Thousands march in Dublin calling for Eighth Amendment to be retained http://jrnl.ie/3896773
                          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Tens of thousands Save the 8th campaigners march through Dublin 'to stand up for the

Tens of thousands of anti-abortion activists have marched through Dublin to demand the retention of the Eighth Amendment.

More...

Comment

Not to distract from the thread.... the word is back in the black box.
                              I have also heard it called that LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                                I have also heard it called that LOL
                                hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X