Wha was yizzers best reads ever ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wha was yizzers best reads ever ?

For me the 1959 novel 'The Wreck of the Mary Deare' by the English writer John Innes....was a real good little read.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    For me the 1959 novel 'The Wreck of the Mary Deare' by the English writer John Innes....was a real good little read.
    loads of them....

'Call it Rhodesia'' ...

''The Uprooted Survive''....

''A Day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch''....

Some of them,,
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

''A Day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch''.... was very good reading. It is hard to pick out the best as there are so many really good ones. But years ago I read "the Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody" by Will Cuppy. It is not a great work, but it is hilarious. It is a send up of lots of famous people. I guarantee it will give you a laugh

Comment

''The Washing of the Spears''......

''Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee''...

''The Scramble for Africa''...

Comment

To many to choose.....
          Grapes of Wrath .....
          Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.....
          The Reluctant Fundamentalist
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
            ''A Day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch''.... was very good reading. It is hard to pick out the best as there are so many really good ones. But years ago I read "the Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody" by Will Cuppy. It is not a great work, but it is hilarious. It is a send up of lots of famous people. I guarantee it will give you a laugh
            Sounds good oil see if i can get it......have you tried "Round Ireland With a Fridge" or "Wake me at Doyles" ?

Comment

usually read biographies or history, the last was by chrissie hynde of the pretenders, reckless...my storey....havn`t read for a while .
              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                Also read "Ivan Denisovitch".......good read....but you wouldn't want to be prone to depression reading it

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                  Also read "Ivan Denisovitch".......good read....but you wouldn't want to be prone to depression reading it
                  LOL..I usually read a book then read it again immediately after.....I left that one for a few weeks later....

Comment

"Wild Irish Women" - Marian Broderick. 2002.... O'Brien Press.
                    Amazing stories.....You can learn a lot from wild women
                    Attached Files

Comment

Would recommend "Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann" loved that book....especially the female characters in the novel ....a must read...imo.

Comment

The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
                        Its all about the Battle of Gettysburgh in the American Civil war

Papillion by Henri Charriere
                        A french convict is sent to French Guinia in South America and plots to escaoe

Comment

When I lived in Cambridgeshire for 29 years (Village called Haslingfield) I had all the Volumes of Enclyclopedia Brittanica.....in my downstairs toilet.....

Comment

My favourite book was 'Strumpet City' by James Plunkett. As a kid I loved Treasure Island, Gulliver's Travels and Coral Island by RM Ballantyne.
                            Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Does Noddy and his friend Big Ears count? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X