Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalan Referendum - your vote counts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police brutality is shocking.......

Comment

its the same the world over, once that uniform is on they are gods, `specially when the govt says its ok to split heads.
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Catalan leader says region has won right to independence after 90% vote Yes in chaotic referendum http://jrnl.ie/3625287
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          I said yes just so i could view the poll results and see what the rest of you thought...

what will be will be..
          Helen would you say yes to Quebec getting Independence
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            No people should be imprisoned like that against their will....esp as they are wel able to look after themselves.
            Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            police brutality is shocking.......
            Spanish authorities must be mad... they should have just let the thing go ahead. Beating people over the head for casting a vote is no way to defend your democracy.
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

It Catalonia becomes an independence country,they will not initially be in the EU and will have to negotiate membership. This could be another chip off the block!!
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

The king of Spain has said Catalan independence is illegal. See more here
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                  The king of Spain said Catalase independence is illegal. See more here
                  Well it was, they went against the courts, you could print out polling cards online, the independent observers were all nationalists who favoured a Yes vote, the no voters stayed away. I wouldn't be surprised if the Catalonia Government had the election result prepared even before referendum day.

Now the President of Catalonia declared he will announce Independence in days.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                    Well it was, they went against the courts, you could print out polling cards online, the independent observers were all nationalists who favoured a Yes vote, the no voters stayed away. I wouldn't be surprised if the Catalonia Government had the election result prepared even before referendum day.

Interesting to see how this is going to pan-out .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Interesting to see how this is going to pan-out .
                      This will be interesting inddeed.

They would have to disengage the Catalonia's economy from Spain's. Their economic power could also depend on whether it continues to be part of the EU, or at least the single market. if it seceded from Spain,it wouldn't be a member or get in automatically.. And it would require all EU members,including Spain to agree.

That would be difficult for the EU as a whole because the Declaration of Independence would be illegal.

Scotland must be watching this with great interest!
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post

Very interesting indeed
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Just saw this on Facebook.
                          Attached Files
                          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Is this fuse about to explode with the possible arrest of Catalan officials ? .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                              Is this fuse about to explode with the possible arrest of Catalan officials ? .
                              Be patient.......Have a long siesta.....
                              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X