Music section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music section

Suggestions on restructuring this entire section please...
    Everything is self-evident.

I don't browse based on sections.....I wonder how many do?

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
      I don't browse based on sections.....I wonder how many do?
      I don't either, I just look at "new posts", but the difficulty I've found with the music section as it currently stands is that although there are numerous categories there quite often isn't an obvious place to post a new thread as a lot of genres overlap and so on......I think it just needs simplifying.

Comment

De-cluttering..

Comment

First off...

All the 40s, 50s, 60s etc be converted from categories to threads ?

Comment

I think you should imagine yourself as the proprietor of a 1970s-style record store just ahead of Opening Day. Your task is to separate your stock of LPs into several fairly broad categories, eg Classical, Pop, Rock, Easy Listening. You then have to put the stock onto the shop floor so that it is in the right section and clearly labelled, and so that when a new record comes in you know exactly where it should go. You are then ready to cut the ribbon and enjoy a glass of champagne with the punters.

Comment

Maybe get Dave Lee Travis to cut the ribbon... or someone from Smokie ?

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                First off...

All the 40s, 50s, 60s etc be converted from categories to threads ?
                Christ , for a moment I thought you were referring to the members age brackets .

Comment

Maybe get Dave Lee Travis to cut the ribbon... or someone from Smokie ?
                  The Hollies opened our Church Fete in 1974.....I'm sure if I had a word they'd oblige......seriously though I trying to be helpful......

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    The Hollies opened our Church Fete in 1974.....I'm sure if I had a word they'd oblige......seriously though I trying to be helpful......
                    I know... but I'm intimidated by Nansson who doesn't browse by sections... and wonders how many do.

Comment

I know... but I'm intimidated by Nansson who doesn't browse by sections... and wonders how many do.
                      I wouldn't worry about him....he's just pissed you didn't ask him to cut the ribbon........

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                        I think you should imagine yourself as the proprietor of a 1970s-style record store just ahead of Opening Day. Your task is to separate your stock of LPs into several fairly broad categories, eg Classical, Pop, Rock, Easy Listening. You then have to put the stock onto the shop floor so that it is in the right section and clearly labelled, and so that when a new record comes in you know exactly where it should go. You are then ready to cut the ribbon and enjoy a glass of champagne with the punters.
                        that was brian Epstein a decade earlier in his dads record store....until four raw rockers came on the stage..... and changed the music scene forever...his canny way with records and sorting by genre was very new.
                        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

We'll get it sorted this weekend.

Comment

I'm sure SilverSpoon will be delighted to know that "Le Galaxie" have a new album out this week called "Pleasure"
                            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Working...
                            X