This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigby View Post
    love avo's but on fresh rolls or straight out of the skin mashed and some salt and pepper
    Will have to try it

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Sounds gross.
      Though actually I've never tried avocado, never liked the look of them - am I missing out?
      Lovely ......It's all the rage in the yuppie bistro's........all though i've been eating them for years,,,,,,
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• takes a while to get used to judging when they are just ripe, I put mine in with bananas to help ripen, grand son loves them also so now I have to buy double

Comment

• Originally posted by bigby View Post
          takes a while to get used to judging when they are just ripe, I put mine in with bananas to help ripen, grand son loves them also so now I have to buy double
          Mini avocados are good value ....just the right amount for 2 slices of toast

Comment

• I eat a whole large one and so does the little person
            bought frozen pack but was not mad about it

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
              Lovely ......It's all the rage in the yuppie bistro's........all though i've been eating them for years,,,,,,
              I thought they were a very 70s sort of thing, like prawn cocktail and grapefruit

Comment

• babies first food in South Africa , neighbour had a tree in her front garden, thousands of them just falling in the road

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                  I thought they were a very 70s sort of thing, like prawn cocktail and grapefruit
                  No avocados in Ireland in the 70's.....well i never seen them

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    No avocados in Ireland in the 70's.....well i never seen them
                    Yes we had avocados in the 70's ....Superquinn and a shop near Lincoln Place had them...probably very expensive though. First time I tasted one was in 1980 in Oz...

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                      Yes we had avocados in the 70's ....Superquinn and a shop near Lincoln Place had them...probably very expensive though. First time I tasted one was in 1980 in Oz...
                      Of course there were avocados in the 70's.....but not around the "bars"

Comment

• was at the cardio doctor this morning, told me to drop a few kilo`s , on the way past the shops I picked a bag of avacados and a dragon fruit...so start today diet.....problem is I`v got the wifes sister coming from Dublin tonite, for her brothers wedding in a week or two ...so its goin to be a little testy to stay on course.
                        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Morning Cosmo & all

Comment

• Good Morning Dinny and everyone, Cosmo first few pounds are the hardest drink lots of tea and keep away from the bread even if the sister in law brings you over fresh batch

Comment

• Good morning all what a cold windy start to the day.
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                                was at the cardio doctor this morning, told me to drop a few kilo`s , on the way past the shops I picked a bag of avacados and a dragon fruit...so start today diet.....problem is I`v got the wifes sister coming from Dublin tonite, for her brothers wedding in a week or two ...so its goin to be a little testy to stay on course.
                                well cosmo when you go shopping just drop the kilos on the kitchen bench easy as. Seriously it is a bit hard to lose the kilos unless you do some exercise too, or go on Survivor. Good luck.

Well we now have torrential rain in Sydney which was most welcome a pity it didnt come sooner. The EXPERTS were saying that no rain would fall till April.I've just caught up on my cryptics and I was on walkabout, so there were good answers. I'm happy members like to test their knowledge and I learn about new places and things.
                                today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X