Daingean ..County Offaly.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    Just in case anybody has a problem with English....

The whole Country refers to organisation, institutions etc..

the whole population means every man woman and child.....
    I've no problem with English, and in a country that was 98% catholic the implication from the statement below covers just about everyone...

It is the whole god-fearing country that is at fault......

The masses bowed to the rapists and sadists and gave them the adoration that allowed them to get away with what they did.......
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Thats crap....yer limbo dancin again.....
      You know I am a stickler for the truth.........

Now, go and play with your Woolsack.......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=quinner;457000]
        Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post

Yes, more than a few......

Now I believe this thread is more important than you and cogs trying to learn English.....well, it certainly is to some people.....

The least you can do is show the victims some respect.....They at least deserve that....
        Where have I shown disrespect to the victims?

Comment

The entire blame was all Devs aided and abetted by McQuaid and Rome in criminalising the free will of generations of the nation... have another look at the McQuaid thread.....Between them they scripted religion and state into law.....They and they particularly are to blame.....for people being criminalised for attempting to limit the size of their families with contraception. ...no no no the good book said no....and those two tossers made sure of that......enslaving a nation for decades.....how clever was that........

Tell me who it was then if you say im wrong Convince me with your knowledge. ..knowledge you infer i dont have......
          You do have the knowledge - it's your claim that the entire blame was down to two individuals I'd take issue with.

There was a surplus of piety in this state right from it's foundation - the very first ambassador we appointed was to the Vatican and that was under a Cumann na nGael government.

Dev and McQuaid bear a large level of responsibility for the backward way the country developed - but they had plenty of accomplices.
          Last edited by cogito; 22-10-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            I've no problem with English, and in a country that was 98% catholic the implication from the statement below covers just about everyone...

LOL...How come it did not cover me or all my pals and my Family.....We are included in your percentage....

Now lets hear again about your ''every man woman and child''.....

Most of the people I know went because of what the Priest might say, or the neighbours might say....

''God fearing'' was for nancy boys...

Comment

LOL...How come it did not cover me or all my pals and my Family.....We are included in your percentage....

Now lets hear again about your ''every man woman and child''.....

Most of the people I know went because of what the Priest might say, or the neighbours might say....

Ireland consisted of the Quinners... and the 'masses' so ?

Comment

Now lets hear again about your ''ever0y man woman and child''.....

hang on a minute......most people "wenr because of what the priest might say" - isn't that just as bad (or even worse) than the God-fearing nancy boys?

Comment

hang on a minute......most people "wenr because of what the priest might say" - isn't that just as bad (or even worse) than the God-fearing nancy boys?
                  You better ask them.......I didn't go because they said my lovely Mam would go to hell...I do not associate with barefaced Liars...

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                    Ireland consisted of the Quinners... and the 'masses' so ?
                    If you want to believe that the go for it.....

You will be the only one in Ireland who does....

98 percent God fearing population.....lol..Pull the other ones.....

Comment

I do notice that every time I have words with KM...Her reinforcements arrive.....

I think that is hilarious.....

Comment

I do notice that every time I have words with KM...Her reinforcements arrive.....

I think that is hilarious.....
                        Why's that then? (not that I have, or have any need for "reinforcements"....not even support tights, thankfully.)

Comment

not even support tights, thankfully.)
                          Not far off though eh ????
                          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Why's that then? (not that I have, or have any need for "reinforcements"....not even support tights, thankfully.)
                            Every time I say anything to you reinforcements arrive....Yes, that is hilarious....

If you cannot see how funny that is.....Then I believe you have no sense of humour....

It is the same with Napper......

Comment

Not far off though eh ????
                              cheek......gonna report you on t'laundry thread.......

Comment

There were three categories...
                                True Believers......who just believed in a God....
                                Hypocrites who went because of what the neighbours might say.........and
                                Cowards....who went out of fear something might happen to them.

Canary Boys were referred to as such by the National School Kids because they went to Synge Street Christian Brothers and other such places with nice little uniform blazers ....grey trolleys and a nice striped Tie....

I wish I could have been a Canary Boy really.....but it was OK in Blackpitts.
                                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Working...
                                X