Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dna

Has anyone got theirs tested ?
    Last edited by bojangles; 14-12-2015, 06:46 PM.

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
    Tested for what? Genealogy? Hereditary diseases? It's a rather broad question.

Comment

Not yet.....I'm waiting to go on the Jeremy Kyle show......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        Tested for what? Genealogy? Hereditary diseases? It's a rather broad question.
        Well , mainly genealogy , I'm not sure how it works . I didn't know they could establish whether you are susceptible to certain diseases by examining your DNA .

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          Not yet.....I'm waiting to go on the Jeremy Kyle show......
          Are there any unfortunate young ladies out there that you abandoned , having had your wicked way with them ?

Comment

Are there any unfortunate young ladies out there that you abandoned , having had your wicked way with them ?
            Not really, i'm just dying for a row with the Mother in Law.....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Well , mainly genealogy , I'm not sure how it works . I didn't know they could establish whether you are susceptible to certain diseases by examining your DNA .
              Testing for inherited diseases is a massive business these days.

Wiki is your friend

Comment

What does D.N.A.stand for

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                  Testing for inherited diseases is a massive business these days.

Wiki is your friend

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_testing
                  Thanks for that , although reading through some of it , some of the medical profession are not too keen on preemptive screening for diseases .
                  Ironically , I was in hospital a few weeks ago , I went in for an one day operation on torn shoulder tendons . During tests to see was I fit to go under the anaesthetic it turns out that I have a heart abnormality almost certainly hereditary . I didnt get out for three days . Never sick a day in me life !!.
                  Anyway , I was wondering if anyone on here had their DNA tested for genealogy purposes .

Comment

Anyway , I was wondering if anyone on here had their DNA tested for genealogy purposes .
                    What's the context Bo ? I doubt if anyone trying to establish paternity issues is going to post on here to give progress reports.

Also... anyone on the sex offenders list for rape, paedophilia and so on will have their DNA recorded - unlikely they'll post on here about it.

Are you just enquiring about someone trying to establish a family connection with some possible ancestor ?
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Thanks for that , although reading through some of it , some of the medical profession are not too keen on preemptive screening for diseases .
                      Ironically , I was in hospital a few weeks ago , I went in for an one day operation on torn shoulder tendons . During tests to see was I fit to go under the anaesthetic it turns out that I have a heart abnormality almost certainly hereditary . I didnt get out for three days . Never sick a day in me life !!.
                      I looked into it, was expensive at the time but seems to be cheaper now. From what I read its important to pick a company that has a wide database in both the male and female lines to give you an accurate report. Some of the earlier test studies concentrated only on the Y- chromosome (male).

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                        What does D.N.A.stand for
                        Deoxyribonucleic acid

Try saying it after a couple of drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                          What's the context Bo ? I doubt if anyone trying to establish paternity issues is going to post on here to give progress reports.

Also... anyone on the sex offenders list for rape, paedophilia and so on will have their DNA recorded - unlikely they'll post on here about it.

Are you just enquiring about someone trying to establish a family connection with some possible ancestor ?
                          I looked into it a couple of years ago and they said ( see link below ) they could pinpoint where in Ireland you came from originally , if they have enough dna samples on their data base , and especially if you have a common surname .

Use your DNA test to find your genetic homeland and discover where your ancestors lived over 1,000 years ago with Irish Origenes

Comment

I just got the results of a DNA analysis kit from ancestry.com ( a birthday present )
                            Apparently my DNA says I am 96 % Irish/Scottish / Welsh . 1.5 Finnish 1.5 Scandinavian , and get this ,1% Indigenous Amazonian !!!!

Comment

I just got the results of a DNA analysis kit from ancestry.com ( a birthday present )
                              Apparently my DNA says I am 96 % Irish/Scottish / Welsh . 1.5 Finnish 1.5 Scandinavian , and get this ,1% Indigenous Amazonian !!!!
                              blimey, I bet that 1% has you baffled! I wonder how that came about?

Comment

Working...
                              X