True Or False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    Welcome back JBo hope yid a great time on yer cruise.......nearly as much sea time as me now.......Hope yer claimimg Sea Pay.....an Long Overseas Allowance :-)
    Thanks M8, thought I'd let you know that blue rinse has gone out of fashion.
    Last edited by jembo; 21-11-2017, 08:44 PM.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
      Thanks M8, thought I'd let you know that blue rinse has gone out of fashion.
      Haha ........you know
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
        Its the face of a grandfather
        Thanks Rasher, I never heard the expression

Comment

I was looking at a Grandpus in the Atlantic near Cape Verde last week.
          Jembo you get around

Comment

• Did you know that

A team of researchers found unambiguous signs of Alzheimer’s in the brains of dead dolphins that had washed up on the coast of Spain. (How unfortunate for those dolphins, but fortunate that none had to be killed to make this discovery.) Just like the brains of humans with the disease, the dolphins’ brains contained “plaques” of the protein beta amyloid as well as tangles of tau, another protein.

“This is the first time anyone has found such clear evidence of the protein plaques and tangles associated with Alzheimer’s disease in the brain of a wild animal,” said one of the researchers, Simon Lovestone, a geriatrics psychiatrist from Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. The study was published in Alzheimer’s and Dementia, the journal of the Alzheimer’s Association.
            ince the researchers are rightfully opposed to testing captive dolphins, they said it’s difficult to know if older dolphins in the wild experience the symptoms of Alzheimer’s that people do, such as confusion and paranoia.

Why do dolphins get Alzheimer’s disease? Unlike most wild animals — but just like humans — dolphins can live for many years after losing their ability to reproduce. The researchers are looking for a connection between this longevity and Alzheimer’s disease. The researchers believe that humans and dolphins are susceptible to Alzheimer’s because of the changes in how insulin works. This hormone regulates the blood’s sugar levels and triggers what the researchers called the “complex chemical cascade” known as insulin signaling. Alterations in this signaling can cause diabetes in people and other mammals. Previous studies have found that extremely limiting the calorie intake in animals like mice and fruit flies will change insulin signaling, and it also almost tripled the animals’ lifespans.
            That has the effect of prolonging lifespan beyond the fertile years, but it also leaves us open to diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease,” Lovestone said. “Previous work shows that insulin resistance predicts the development of Alzheimer’s disease in people, and people with diabetes are more likely to develop Alzheimer’s.”

The researchers hope this discovery will help improve the way new drugs are tested for treating Alzheimer’s disease. Dolphins have often proven to be “guardian angels” by saving people in distress at sea. Now, thanks to this sad discovery, they could also save our lives by helping to find a cure for this disease.

Comment

• True or false

Is Quinner Banned ??
              I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

• Originally posted by tommie View Post
                True or false

Is Quinner Banned ??
                Welcome back tommie.......yes he is until 12/12/2017
                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommie View Post
                  True or false Is Quinner Banned ??
                  Ey up Tommie

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                    Did you know that

A team of researchers found unambiguous signs of Alzheimer’s in the brains of dead dolphins that had washed up on the coast of Spain. (How unfortunate for those dolphins, but fortunate that none had to be killed to make this discovery.) Just like the brains of humans with the disease, the dolphins’ brains contained “plaques” of the protein beta amyloid as well as tangles of tau, another protein.

“This is the first time anyone has found such clear evidence of the protein plaques and tangles associated with Alzheimer’s disease in the brain of a wild animal,” said one of the researchers, Simon Lovestone, a geriatrics psychiatrist from Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. The study was published in Alzheimer’s and Dementia, the journal of the Alzheimer’s Association.
                    ince the researchers are rightfully opposed to testing captive dolphins, they said it’s difficult to know if older dolphins in the wild experience the symptoms of Alzheimer’s that people do, such as confusion and paranoia.

Why do dolphins get Alzheimer’s disease? Unlike most wild animals — but just like humans — dolphins can live for many years after losing their ability to reproduce. The researchers are looking for a connection between this longevity and Alzheimer’s disease. The researchers believe that humans and dolphins are susceptible to Alzheimer’s because of the changes in how insulin works. This hormone regulates the blood’s sugar levels and triggers what the researchers called the “complex chemical cascade” known as insulin signaling. Alterations in this signaling can cause diabetes in people and other mammals. Previous studies have found that extremely limiting the calorie intake in animals like mice and fruit flies will change insulin signaling, and it also almost tripled the animals’ lifespans.
                    That has the effect of prolonging lifespan beyond the fertile years, but it also leaves us open to diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease,” Lovestone said. “Previous work shows that insulin resistance predicts the development of Alzheimer’s disease in people, and people with diabetes are more likely to develop Alzheimer’s.”

The researchers hope this discovery will help improve the way new drugs are tested for treating Alzheimer’s disease. Dolphins have often proven to be “guardian angels” by saving people in distress at sea. Now, thanks to this sad discovery, they could also save our lives by helping to find a cure for this disease.
                    Wonderful dolphins and porpoise too....

Comment

• True or False

Is Tommie back?
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        Did you know that

Great post ......2 of my favourite mammals , dolphins and elephants .

Comment

True or False Is Tommie back?
                          No he's just outback

Comment

• not only is the water goin down the drain reversed, the weather systems i.e the high pressure and low pressure systems you see on the weather maps are reversed .
                            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                              not only is the water goin down the drain reversed, the weather systems i.e the high pressure and low pressure systems you see on the weather maps are reversed .
                              There ye go....that's good nuff for me....and the winners know who de are.

Comment

• Is pigeon man released in one and half days or two ?.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X