Hurricane Ophelia 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Ophelia 2017

Hurricane Ophelia 2017 on path for Ireland and U.K.

Hurricane Ophelia weakened slightly on Friday morning and started to pick up a bit of speed on a path that could eventually take it over Ireland by early next week as an extratropical storm.
    Ophelia is forecast to morph into a non-tropical storm but could still bring hurricane conditions to the British Isles.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

So has she arrived? i hope she blows down to just winds and rain and you guys are ok..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      So has she arrived? i hope she blows down to just winds and rain and you guys are ok..
      She's heading for the west and south of the country so were ok ...although we have some very strong winds here at the moment
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

It might be a good idea just to check your garden and around the outside of your house for anything not secured. I have the bins put away and any planters not secure are moved to a safer spot. Dublin Airport is predicting 60 mile an hour gusts tomorrow afternoon. My thoughts and prays with those living out West.

These things seem to always go flying in the wind.

A couple of the neighbours around me have them, hopefully I won't get a call tomorrow that one is now attached to the house.

Comment

I just heard on the news that the storm is expected to be the worst in over 60 years

Comment

Main path, it may change.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
              I just heard on the news that the storm is expected to be the worst in over 60 years
              Moved the outdoor furniture into the shed and put pot plants etc. away. While walking around the garden I noticed the silence...not a breeze...the birds have gone quiet too...

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                Moved the outdoor furniture into the shed and put pot plants etc. away. While walking around the garden I noticed the silence...not a breeze...the birds have gone quiet too...
                Thanks for reminding me BF......must move the garden furniture into the shed

Comment

Keep safe......
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                    Keep safe......
                    Thanks Joe....we are a little exposed over here in the west.....hopefully it will not cause too much damage...

Comment

You won't be banned Joe for telling the truth or even for telling lies....lol.... but you should really try and ignore those who go out of their way to upset you.
                      Last edited by bojangles; 15-10-2017, 08:44 PM. Reason: baiting comment removed from quote

Comment

This is starting to look very serious...

Everything is self-evident.

Comment

I hope you all stay safe. It's easy enough to laugh it off and say "oh, it'll just be a little windy" but these storms can do massive damage - even the weaker ones. All non-essential personnel should stay home and off the streets. Plan for the power to be out - this means planning to eat without having to cook it, put some plastic bags with water in the into the freezer. If the power goes out - move some of the frozen bags into the fridge. The ice will help keep the food cool. If you have a well, fill the bath tub so you can flush the toilet. If you have some chicken or anything that could be cooked today and eaten cold (in the event of a power outage, go ahead and cook it. There's a lot of planning that goes on prior to a major storm (hurricane or snow...) Most importantly - stay in, stay away from the windows, use flashlights - NOT candles!

Comment

Phenomenal= 46 feet waves

Shipping Forecast

NORTHWEST FITZROY, SOLE:CYCLONIC 5 TO 7, INCREASING STORM 10 TO HURRICANE FORCE 12. MODERATE OR ROUGH, BECOMING VERY HIGH, OCCASIONALLY PHENOMENAL LATER. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD,BECOMING POOR OR VERY POOR

LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA: SOUTH BACKING SOUTHEAST FOR A TIME 5 TO 7, INCREASING SEVERE GALE 9 TO VIOLENT STORM 11 LATER, OCCASIONALLY HURRICANE FORCE 12 IN FASTNET. MODERATE, BECOMING HIGH OR VERY HIGH LATER, OCCASIONALLY PHENOMENAL IN FASTNET. RAIN

Cork has a history of flooding.

Comment

Thanks Joe....we are a little exposed over here in the west.....hopefully it will not cause too much damage...
                              hope you'll be alright Barefoot.......

Comment

Working...
                              X