The Pixie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pixie

Anyone remember the shop called The Pixie over the bridge in Harolds Cross?

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
    no ,but wat did they sell??????

Comment

A friend of mine is doing the history on shops in the 70,s and 80,s, i cannot remember this shop at all but my friend says it was a newsagent run by a husband and wife and was open until the mid 80,s

Comment

A friend of mine is doing the history on shops in the 70,s and 80,s, i cannot remember this shop at all but my friend says it was a newsagent run by a husband and wife and was open until the mid 80,s
        i dont remeber it sb but ther still a few shops there was it across from the scrap yard???????????theres a lot of halal shops openin along that street

Comment

Yes i now , im from mt drummond, but just cannot place this one

Comment

Originally posted by bigmember View Post
            i dont remeber it sb but ther still a few shops there was it across from the scrap yard???????????theres a lot of halal shops openin along that street
            It was a down a bit further, on the block where the antique shop was

Comment

a pixie in my days, was a penny toffee....along with a butterscotch.

much the same, but a pixie had darher toffee..
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Oh Joe, I remember the Pixie toffee bar, chocolate flavored, lovely, I also remember cough no more, sailors chew, there was one with coconut in, hat coconut. I also remember honeybee sweets, lozenges, nancy balls, lucky lumps, drumsticks, fizz bags, cream pies, my favorite, oh now I'm back in Finglas with me younger hanging out, outside Kelly's sweet shop!Sorry for hijacking your thread Spongebob!
                Last edited by maire; 31-07-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Its fine, love reading about stuff like that, cinders toffee is one i remember and bags of broken biscuits

Comment

A pixie in my day was a nitted wollen hat that covered the ears and was tied around the chin.
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

There was a shop on Eden quay, skeffingtons? They sold those kind of things, broken kit kat, chocolate covered dates, mis shapes, iced caramels etc, I loved the cindery crunchy too, and the marshmallow mice! Lol

Comment

Yes I remember The Pixie, it was on Upper Clanbrassil Street (no.45 or 46) heading up to Harolds Cross Bridge, closed down late 70's early 80's, I was only young and rarely had money for sweets etc.... so not a lot of info on the owners...

TwoFingers.

Comment

Anyone remember Charlies? You never knew what you were buying in them cans, queueing up on a friday with my ma and aunty k

Comment

Yes i now , im from mt drummond, but just cannot place this one
                            spongebob....I had friends in Mount drummond.....The Ellis's / The Fields / Klinch's....
                            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

hi , i went to school with frankie ellis, dont remember the other names, wish my mam was alive or my aunty polly, she was a seamstress and knew everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X