chit chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigby View Post

he was actually in the private hospital when I located him, I never ever want to be in A&E as I do not have private health care, the difference is huge, the older and sick people will still be sitting there tonight, he was in Beaumont the day before and left as the wait was 12 to 24 hours
    Hope all works out well for your son and yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
      We had a huge mangle with big wooden rollers. It had originally been my grandmother's. It seemed huge to me as a child. It was made of iron with a sort of archway and knob thing at the top. There was a tray each side of the roller, one for putting the clothes going in and the other to catch the clothes after they were rolled. My mother had a big fire screen it went around the fireplace from one side to the other. It was sort of a safety item for children. She used to iron the clothes and put them on the fire screen in front of the fire when the weather was wet.
      The knob was to tighten the rollers so they would squeeze the clothes tighter.
      Did any body ever attach a fork to the end of a piece of wood so as not to burn your fingers when toasting the bread on the fire.
      My father did.

Comment

• Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post

Hope all works out well for your son and yourself.
        thank you, a good result would be no surgery so hope meds can work

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
          Who remembers having bellows in the house to get the fire going
          We used to put the double page of a newspaper up to the fire to create a draught and sometimes the paper would catch fire, lucky we didn’t burn down the house

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
            We used to put the double page of a newspaper up to the fire to create a draught and sometimes the paper would catch fire, lucky we didn’t burn down the house
            two fingers holding it at the top, and foot at the bottom

Comment

thank you, a good result would be no surgery so hope meds can work
              My 3 year old grandson fell off my garden wall at 7o/c tonight he's just back from Tallaght Hospital 2 breaks in his left arm .

Comment

My 3 year old grandson fell off my garden wall at 7o/c tonight he's just back from Tallaght Hospital 2 breaks in his left arm .
                ouch, is he in pain

Comment

Ah the poor little thing. How is he handling it DP ?

Comment

ouch, is he in pain
                    Think the pain will kick in when the Calpol where's off , says he's not going asleep with the cast on his arm, But he's happy that he got a pink sleeve on over the cast ,gas kid.

Comment

Think the pain will kick in when the Calpol where's off , says he's not going asleep with the cast on his arm, But he's happy that he got a pink sleeve on over the cast ,gas kid.
                      need photos of that pink sleeve for the 21st

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post

Ah the poor little thing. How is he handling it DP ?
                        He is back in his own house now with his mammy and daddy , I'm sure all will be ok. Thanks

Comment

• [QUOTE=DP Kilfo;n919542]

My 3 year old grandson fell off my garden wall at 7o/c tonight he's just back from Tallaght Hospital 2 breaks in his left arm . [/QUOTE

Nothing worse than when a kid gets hurt. We have all kinds of recriminations.
                          I remember when my daughter was 3 I opened a door onto her foot & broke her big toe & tore the nail off.
                          Still feel guilty & that was over 50 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X