Down your street.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down your street.....

Well, who lives in a street where there is homeless people....

Who would want to live in a street where there are homeless people.....

Who has walked past homeless people and thought ''they should do something about those unfortunate people''....Then forgot all about them as soon as they were out of sight...

How much does it cost to home a homeless person......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

At Christmas my son made me aware of a homeless man sleeping in a shop doorway not far from me. I have a sleeping bag in a bag and as it was cold, I put it into my car and I asked if he could make use of it and I was told to F off.

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
      At Christmas my son made me aware of a homeless man sleeping in a shop doorway not far from me. I have a sleeping bag in a bag and as it was cold, I put it into my car and I asked if he could make use of it and I was told to F off.
      Sadly there are people like that in all walks of life.....

I spent over a year ''Homeless'' in 60/61.....though homeless is not perhaps the right description for two reasons..

1..I 'volunteered'' as I decided to go on the ''Tramp'' and see what many parts of the UK was like....

2...It was never difficult to get a nights free accommodation in those days...

There were the Salvation Army Hostels, the NAB Reception Centres and Rowton houses where you could cadge a bed for the night......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
      X