Sandymount....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickjoe View Post
    Noel do you know when this photo of the Lady and the boy was taken ? It is number 21 on this page.
    Missed yer post MJ....I think the info was given in a comment by Star Boy 2 posts up from mine of the tower. = 1956 ish. Is it you de ye think ?.

QUOTE;
    Again a very nice pic, have not seen this one before...It must be around 1956 as the tower has the sign on it ( Tower Cafe ) also a black-board outside which one of my best pals done for Mr Gibbins his name was Tony Keagan he lived just across the road from the tower, he passed away only last year he was a fantastic artist as a young boy I still remember what it said...'come on in for a warming drink,....A little sup will warm you up and make yours a pleasant evening...I think it was a glass of wine or port which was sold in the tower that they wanted you to sup Thank you for such nice memories.

As I was born in Sandymount...that is long before it was D4 I still love to have a walk along the strand and do so every morning.I now live in Perrystown D12 and also think it is one hell of a nice place to live...now I just want to know if anyone on the forum is from Sandymount or Crumlin / Perrystown come on down for the chat
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

sandymount, different eras.
      Attached Files
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

number 20

Comment

Originally posted by quackser
          number 20
          Somewhere down here then....I was born in a back bedroom too.....but a long way from that strand.....sandymount....what a lovely place to grow up.
          Attached Files

Comment

Our Family of 9, used to walk from Bannaville, twins in de double pram,an a Shoite load of food to Sandymount,every week in de summer time, we would plonk ourselves down on what we called a beach,near where the drain ran into the sea,,catchin small Flatfish,was a great place.
            I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
              Our Family of 9, used to walk from Bannaville, twins in de double pram,an a Shoite load of food to Sandymount,every week in de summer time, we would plonk ourselves down on what we called a beach,near where the drain ran into the sea,,catchin small Flatfish,was a great place.
              ahhh ffs, those were tha days can't count the number of sand sambos I ate there...really made a hames of the jam.

Comment

What a great picture of the Villas............our house was to the right just out of view.............love it .thanks for posting it ......brought back so many memories

Comment

I went to the Star of the sea with David Bradshaw

Comment

Originally posted by quackser View Post
                    I went to the Star of the sea with David Bradshaw
                    Were ppl really posh in Sandymount in those days ?.

Comment

You had a mixture of people.......from the very well to do...to the poor people barely scraping a living...........there were pockets in Sandymount of good honest working class people...........the Villas the Tram cottages the Soldiers cottages to a certain extent would have been all classed as working class people...........Quackser

Comment

Noel do you know when this photo of the Lady and the boy was taken ? It is number 21 on this page.
                        Long time since we had Mickjoe in here....sadly missed like many many other good eggs.....anyway just saw this question while moochin about in here. The pic comes from a postcard of the 1940's.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Noel .... The Lady with the young lad looks like my late Mam, and I looked like the lad when I was about 6 / 7 years of age, which would be in the early 50's.

Comment

Thanks Noel .... The Lady with the young lad looks like my late Mam, and I looked like the lad when I was about 6 / 7 years of age, which would be in the early 50's.
                            Your very welcome MJ....sorely missed for your input, very glad ye popped in. Remember when ye posted this one.... a few moons ago now eh.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X