• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
    I have me application in for a passport and visa. lol
    have just stamp it for you rashers.

Comment

great photos, lots of memories there,my cousins still live there have done for 40 odd years.dolphins barn)

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
        JG you wouldn't be cheating now would ye......
        How could I cheat reggie I'm as honest as the days long

Comment

No 2 looks like the garrison chapel of Cathal Brugha Bks where I was first stationed many, many moons ago. Don't know the name of the flats though... but the water is the Grand Canal.
          It is the chapel in Cathal Brugha Rashers. I had 2 aunts lived in the flats but I don't know the name of them either

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
            Four photos of Dublin City Council Flat Complexes with a stretch of water beside each. Can you name the Flats and the stretch of water.

[ATTACH]33136[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33138[/ATTACH]

Answers to the quiz.

1. Dolphin House, Dolphins Barn, with the Grand Canal flowing by.

2. Grove Road Flats, Harolds X, again beside the Grand Canal. They are just called by the name of the Road the numbers of the flats are in sequence to the numbers of the other buildings on the road.

3. Whelan House, Ringsend with the Dodder River about to enter the Liffey.

4. I'm surprised this was the only one not answered. It is Ballybough House taken from Luke Kelly Bridge with the Tolka River being the stretch of water.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
              Answers to the quiz.

1. Dolphin House, Dolphins Barn, with the Grand Canal flowing by.

2. Grove Road Flats, Harolds X, again beside the Grand Canal. They are just called by the name of the Road the numbers of the flats are in sequence to the numbers of the other buildings on the road.

3. Whelan House, Ringsend with the Dodder River about to enter the Liffey.

4. I'm surprised this was the only one not answered. It is Ballybough House taken from Luke Kelly Bridge with the Tolka River being the stretch of water.
              I'm a southsider what do you expect

Comment

How did I miss Ballybough House and me born within an ass's roar of it!?
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

How did I miss Ballybough House and me born within an ass's roar of it!?
                  Specsavers

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                    I'm a southsider what do you expect
                    Me too !

Comment

• Visiting graveyards is not necessarily a morbid activity. They are a resource of historical and social interest. Glasnevin Cemetery, for example, has a brand new Museum, Record Section, Restaurant and excellent Guided Tours. You can pass quite a few interesting hours if you plan your visit properly. Here follows images of four graves that have historical and social interest. I would like to think that when I depart this life maybe someone occasionally might look at my gravestone and say ' yes I remember that chap'.

1.Liam Whelan Manchester United player killed in the Munich air disaster.

2.Luke Kelly of the Dubliners, a man with a fantastic voice.

3.Charles Stewart Parnell a patriot who did a lot for the ordinary Irish man by peaceful means. Destroyed by hypocrisy and ignorance.

4.Daniel O'Connell, 'The Liberator'.
                      Last edited by pegasus; 03-03-2012, 07:52 AM. Reason: change photo

Comment

• 2.Luke Kelly of the Dubliners, a man with a fantastic voice.

Never a truer word!

Comment

• This is great thread well done!
                          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

• It's a very enjoyable thread. To add to it, it would be great to see everyone (or as many as can) upload photos of familiar places from unfamiliar angle.
                            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasus View Post

I think I remember Pammy saying Liam Whelan was her cousin, forgive me if i am wrong.
                              Last edited by Margaret N; 03-03-2012, 10:37 PM.
                              You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                                Visiting graveyards is not necessarily a morbid activity. They are a resource of historical and social interest. Glasnevin Cemetery, for example, has a brand new Museum, Record Section, Restaurant and excellent Guided Tours. You can pass quite a few interesting hours if you plan your visit properly. Here follows images of four graves that have historical and social interest. I would like to think that when I depart this life maybe someone occasionally might look at my gravestone and say ' yes I remember that chap'.

2.Luke Kelly of the Dubliners, a man with a fantastic voice.

3.Charles Stewart Parnell a patriot who did a lot for the ordinary Irish man by peaceful means. Destroyed by hypocrisy and ignorance.

4.Daniel O'Connell, 'The Liberator'.
                                nice snaps pegasus here's a thread on a visit to Glasnevin some good info and pics http://www.dublinforum.net/forum/sho...ight=glasnevin

Comment

Working...
                                X