The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
    I am sorry to hear your news on the house Katie. But maybe in the Spring things will be better. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you
    thanks Vico

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the sale falling through Katie...hopefully you will will get a better buyer in the new year...

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
        Sorry to hear about the sale falling through Katie...hopefully you will will get a better buyer in the new year...
        thanks Barefoot

Comment

• Boiler's broken down - and it's snowing! On the sofa with my duvet........

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            Boiler's broken down - and it's snowing! On the sofa with my duvet........
            The last couple of weeks haven't been kind to you Katie , do you have an open fire ?? .

Comment

Boiler's broken down - and it's snowing! On the sofa with my duvet........
              Ahhh no !!! First port of call manually...... turn boiler off (i know it's not on but turn OFF anyway) find and check the fuse it's usually on the wall in small white box near the boiler.

If not find and follow small white cable / wire and it will take you to fuse.....take out and replace with new and TURN BOILER ON again.
              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                Ahhh no !!! First port of call manually...... turn boiler off (i know it's not on but turn OFF anyway) find and check the fuse it's usually on the wall in small white box near the boiler.

If not find and follow small white cable / wire and it will take you to fuse.....take out and replace with new and TURN BOILER ON again.
                Check to make sure the boiler is not somehow on the TIMER, if it is make sure you switch to ON PERMANENT and not on the timer.
                Or switch timer ON to the current time of day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                  The last couple of weeks haven't been kind to you Katie , do you have an open fire ?? .
                  I do, will have to go out to the shed later and see what i've got in the way of fuel. Actually i'm okay at the mo, got a little oil-filled radiator. And we have a separate electric shower for washing so that's all good.

Comment

Well I've got British Gas coming Tuesday, think I'll leave it to them......I can survive 2 days......

Comment

Check to make sure the boiler is not somehow on the TIMER, if it is make sure you switch to ON PERMANENT and not on the timer.
                      Or switch timer ON to the current time of day.
                      If still no joy....have a look at the pressure gauge and if it is below one bar (or '1' on dial) that will stop it working. You must top it up by using the loop link hose....open both end 'taps' and watch the dial as the pressure rises to between 1 and 2 Bar....then lock off and try restart boiler.

Comment

Well I've got British Gas coming Tuesday, think I'll leave it to them......I can survive 2 days......
                        Most times it's the basics that stop the boiler and not major stuff.

For instance ....it may not be firing up simply because the fuse blew....You can save yourself call out fees by checking the basics.

Has the pilot light gone out....if so reset the boiler and if the fuse is ok it should restart after the pilot is relit.

Comment

Most times it's the basics that stop the boiler and not major stuff.

For instance ....it may not be firing up simply because the fuse blew....You can save yourself call out fees by checking the basics.

Has the pilot light gone out....if so reset the boiler and if the fuse is ok it should restart after the pilot is relit.
                          If the pilot light is on....Check Is yer room stat set too low. If so turn it up to at least 21 degrees or more.

Comment

Jayziz cancell that shower a robbers and ring round local plumbers till ye get a NO CALLOUT CHARGE and a price for the repair after they find out what's up with it....

BG will string it out to at least 35 mins and relieve you of 200 squibs...like a well practiced magician.....or a 'where's the ball' street conman.

Brit Gas Pricing below....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jayziz cancell that shower a robbers and ring round local plumbers till ye get a NO CALLOUT CHARGE and a price for the repair after they find out what's up with it....

BG will string it out to at least 35 mins and relieve you of 200 squibs...like a well practiced magician.....or a 'where's the ball' street conman.

Brit Gas Pricing below....
                              https://www.britishgas.co.uk/home-se...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                              Or they try to suck you in with their 99 quid one off repair then £23 every month....that's after they have given a guarantee on the work they've just done.Well 23 X 12 = £276 to a blind man....so the repair has cost ye at least £376 and a happy christmas.

Comment

Or they try to suck you in with their 99 quid one off repair then £23 every month....that's after they have given a guarantee on the work they've just done.Well 23 X 12 = £276 to a blind man....so the repair has cost ye at least £376 and a happy christmas.
                                Cancell BG and give Mauro a call....seems well recommended with great reviews.

Boiler repair.
                                “Can't recommend Mauro highly enough! I called him early this morning as we had no hot water and had started to smell gas.... so for me (and my young family) this was something that I needed to fix urgently. Mauro was with me within the hour and worked all day until the problem was resolved. In fact he also had to make 2 trips out for parts and worked til gone 8pm for us! So thankful to him for getting us warm again and most importantly safe!”

Comment

Working...
                                X