X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
    No idea really....

Maybe the parents left a message with the shop for their children to pick up the goods later....
    Ummmm.... possible....but not sure.... One would TAKE a message....or COLLECT a message.... A message is defined as

1. a verbal, written, or recorded communication sent to or left for a recipient who cannot be contacted directly. "if I'm not there leave a message on the answerphone" synonyms: communication, piece of information, news, word, note, memorandum, memo, email, posting, tweet, letter, line, missive, report, bulletin, communiqué, dispatch, intelligence, notification, announcement "are there any messages for me?"

2. a significant political, social, or moral point that is being conveyed by a film, speech, etc."a campaign to get the message about home security across" synonyms: meaning, sense, import, idea; More verb

1. send a message to (someone), especially by email. "I was messaged by a Californian contact for some information".

Ahhh well...........
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Ummmm.... possible....but not sure.... One would TAKE a message....or COLLECT a message.... A message is defined as

1. a verbal, written, or recorded communication sent to or left for a recipient who cannot be contacted directly. "if I'm not there leave a message on the answerphone" synonyms: communication, piece of information, news, word, note, memorandum, memo, email, posting, tweet, letter, line, missive, report, bulletin, communiqué, dispatch, intelligence, notification, announcement "are there any messages for me?"

2. a significant political, social, or moral point that is being conveyed by a film, speech, etc."a campaign to get the message about home security across" synonyms: meaning, sense, import, idea; More verb

1. send a message to (someone), especially by email. "I was messaged by a Californian contact for some information".

Ahhh well...........
      Where I come from Dictionaries were for telling people who talked shoite to ''stick one up your arse'....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Where I come from Dictionaries were for telling people who talked shoite to ''stick one up your arse'....
        Didn't do much for yer hems eh ????

Comment

Didn't do much for yer hems eh ????

Well it least it gave shoite's a less ruder but definitely a much longer title....

Who the feck does that gobshoite think he is.........

We all spoke the same language then.......Trying to be clever shoites were treated as what they were and not entirely welcome.....

Language is purely for conversation and communication......It is the height of ignorance to use it in any other way.....

Comment

Well it least it gave shoite's a less ruder but definitely a much longer title....Who the feck does that gobshoite think he is.........
            We all spoke the same language then.......Trying to be clever shoites were treated as what they were and not entirely welcome.....Language is purely for conversation and communication......It is the height of ignorance to use it in any other way.....
            The only ignorance is not knowing how to read it....write it .....or use it correctly.....higgerant feckers can't do any of same.

Comment

• Ardee Brewery Watkins....
              Then and Now = http://www.dublinforum.net/forum/sho...&postcount=976
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 21-09-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

The only ignorance is not knowing how to read it....write it .....or use it correctly.....higgerant feckers can't do any of same.
                So you are calling the ordinary people of Dublin in my time ''Ignorant''.....

Congratulate yourself as no body else will congralute you.....

Sadly there were few cars for you to kick in those days......You must have been so disappointed......

Comment

So you are calling the ordinary people of Dublin in my time ''Ignorant''.....Congratulate yourself as no body else will congralute you.....Sadly there were few cars for you to kick in those days......You must have been so disappointed......
                  I'm gettin the smell of burning rubber....

Comment

I'm gettin the smell of burning rubber....
                    Smell more like a ''gobshoite'' has appeared from somewhere.......

Now stop trampling on the peasants as you are one of them....Except you have morphed from a Gansey into ''Jumper''....

Comment

Now stop trampling on the peasants as you are one of them....Except you have morphed from a Gansey into ''Jumper''....

Or as the ''real people would say''......You are a jumped up lit6tle squirt...

Comment

Yer nose is too near yer arse....

Now stop trampling on the peasants as you are one of them....
                        Wonderful colourful bird...would never trample it.

Except you have morphed from a Gansey into ''Jumper''....
                        Always bought at BESTS mens shop.

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                        Or as the ''real people would say''......You are a jumped up lit6tle squirt...
                        Whatever....am oi boddered ??

Comment

• the sack of balbriggan.

bringin home the turf.

foreign hordes.

street wise kids. hard times, no x boxes or I phones to play on .
                          Attached Files
                          in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                            the sack of balbriggan.

bringin home the turf.

foreign hordes.

street wise kids. hard times, no x boxes or I phones to play on .
                            where was the Neighbours/Church, when this poor kid walked the streets, No shoes, Clothes would not be accepted to wash the floor with,

Comment

• Originally posted by archangel View Post
                              where was the Neighbours/Church, when this poor kid walked the streets, No shoes, Clothes would not be accepted to wash the floor with,
                              Probably before the boot vouchers, Talk about growing up the hard way....poor little bugger.
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• from the same collection.
                                Attached Files
                                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Working...
                                X