What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
    great trip cos....I believe the train gets broken into three sections to stop at three platforms because it is so long......
    one kilometre long joe.
    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      camels. ? never knew tha....Managed to get to Darwin once in the Yacht....it was something else....Got blown away once.
      the camels are at a 'pest' population, they do terrible damage to crops and land structure in various regions, on big pastoral 'farms' shooters are used all the time to keep numbers to a sustainable amount,..... then ye have the donkeys, goats, dogs, cats, and yes the rabbits in the same or bigger numbers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
        the camels are at a 'pest' population, they do terrible damage to crops and land structure in various regions, on big pastoral 'farms' shooters are used all the time to keep numbers to a sustainable amount,..... then ye have the donkeys, goats, dogs, cats, and yes the rabbits in the same or bigger numbers!!
        wait till the Chinese are let loose....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Oi bet Quinner says wait till the Chinese are let loose.....lol
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Just finished reading Bruce Springsteen's autobiography "Born to Run.....all i can say is what a wonderful read it was....one of the best autobiography's i've read ...Great insight into the man , his life , family, bands & songs....he leaves nothing out ....very personal.....especially his relationship with his father, Bruce's battles with depression , reading of his early life was like listening to his first two albums....it's amazing listening back to both of them and hearing every word of the songs are about him and his surroundings .....
            I highly recommend this book ...even if you can't stand Springsteen READ IT...
            you won't be disappointed
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
              Just finished reading Bruce Springsteen's autobiography "Born to Run.....all i can say is what a wonderful read it was....one of the best autobiography's i've read ...Great insight into the man , his life , family, bands & songs....he leaves nothing out ....very personal.....especially his relationship with his father, Bruce's battles with depression , reading of his early life was like listening to his first two albums....it's amazing listening back to both of them and hearing every word of the songs are about him and his surroundings .....
              I highly recommend this book ...even if you can't stand Springsteen READ IT...
              you won't be disappointed
              Love the boss......Will get hold of it soon.....tnx for recommend. ....

Comment

• reading 'barney greatrex' ,its a biography about an Australian who joined the RAAF in ww2 ,and was posted to bomber command. only into it a few chapters and its clear he`s not a fan of the all out bombing campaign, maybe that's in hindsight. so far he has completed 19 'missions' , mostly over berlin, on the twentieth he`s shot down [that's where I`m up to] I know he gets picked up by the French resistance and spends some time with them.

Comment

reading 'barney greatrex' ,its a biography about an Australian who joined the RAAF in ww2 ,and was posted to bomber command. only into it a few chapters and its clear he`s not a fan of the all out bombing campaign, maybe that's in hindsight. so far he has completed 19 'missions' , mostly over berlin, on the twentieth he`s shot down [that's where I`m up to] I know he gets picked up by the French resistance and spends some time with them.
                  A lot were not in favour of the bombing missions.......but Harris and Al Speer among others knew better......
                  "They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Comment

• Bought the read about The General. ......Martin Cahill by his daughter Frances..... its a great insight into his private life with lots of pix.....well worth the cupla bob.

Comment

• read it a while ago d.t, I used to hang about in that circle , one of the mates married a sister of his [not those two!] , I was [incarcerated with his brother john in the bridewell once] justice o`huaidh again [that's another story, drink comes into it naturally].

another of the mates was sentenced to 12 yrs for 'activities' in the gang...... its better said over a pint....theres a you tube video of him being interview/stalked outside the dole office by an investigative reporter who he makes a dick out of, during the interview he stops an 'innocent' man and asks if he knows who he is , the innocent man says no .....the innocent man is the twelve year man I mentioned earlier.....look it up yourself its class.

Comment

read it a while ago d.t, I used to hang about in that circle , one of the mates married a sister of his [not those two!] , I was [incarcerated with his brother john in the bridewell once] justice o`huaidh again [that's another story, drink comes into it naturally].

another of the mates was sentenced to 12 yrs for 'activities' in the gang...... its better said over a pint....theres a you tube video of him being interview/stalked outside the dole office by an investigative reporter who he makes a dick out of, during the interview he stops an 'innocent' man and asks if he knows who he is , the innocent man says no .....the innocent man is the twelve year man I mentioned earlier.....look it up yourself its class.
                        jaze Cos fraternizing with the Rothmoines gentry there lol.....

A fascinating individual all the same in the way he gave the establishment and the top brains of the rozzers the run around....

I lived nearby as ye know, but can't remember ever seeing or meeting MC in the teen years growing up there.

The interview is a classic right enough and I found it a while back....just watched it again.....gas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzv6oL7YeqY

Comment

• just started reading '' captain cook'', its a biography , cutting his story a little short, after he worked on colliers for nine years he had an opportunity to enter the royal navy with a commission but he choose to 'join' as a rating, so he started as able seaman Cook. only into a chapter or two but good reading so far.

Comment

just started reading '' captain cook'', its a biography , cutting his story a little short, after he worked on colliers for nine years he had an opportunity to enter the royal navy with a commission but he choose to 'join' as a rating, so he started as able seaman Cook. only into a chapter or two but good reading so far.
                            What a story Cos....and what a way to go....read a fair bit about him a fair while back. Interesting to note that he and Bligh had sailed together at one time.....and Bligh as we know had a Dublin connection with the construction of the Bull Wall......history ! don't ye love it......keep us posted on yer read.

Comment

• read an article yesterday `bout a book just out ,its about the 'goings on'of some aussie s.a.s in afganistan, it includes an s.a.s soldier who was awarded a v.c ?? , so I might grab a copy today , it looks like murky waters .

Comment

• this book I`m reading about james cook, his friend and botanist joseph banks was keeping a diary, in it he describes how he keeps all his finds , plants , spiders, in jars, that kind of stuff in the great cabin, he makes the comment to his friends , ' can you imagine if our fellow botanists back home in England could look into a magical telescope and see us all here in this room now with these wonders', this was in 1770 on the other side of the globe , he was well ahead of his time in thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X