The History of Crumlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
    Its the cheaper option for affordable living just like Finglas is.

hope that answers your question
    Not really......are they rough places to live......whats all about? ?????burning cars.....vandalism n drugs?
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
      He is still around in Tipperary. He was just out of St. Pat's as far as I know Rasher. Well maybe a year or two. One of the lads in the photo is Martin Peelo and his father Johnny played for Shels in the late forties. I remember Nealon asking him was his father bald because of heading the football.
      He was one of the all time greats at hurling and also swinging the leather but I suppose he was only doing what the rest of them were doing. I taught master Cofey was one of the best,hard but fair he didn’t seem to get pleasure in hitting you

Comment

• Sad to hear of the death of Eamonn Campbell I remember him from Crumlin I think he lived near St Agnes Church may he R.I.P.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Very sorry to hear of Eamonn Campbell's passing. I didn't know he was from Crumlin. R.I.P Eamonn.

Comment

• He was not born in Crumlin Paudge but he lived there for many many years one of the old Crumliners
            Last edited by joan mack; 23-10-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Friend of mine had this photo taken from the sixties, He lived on Cashel Road and he is first to your left. This photo was taken from Man Under the Bridge
              Attached Files

Comment

• Primetime tonight is about a house in Crumlin that had over sixty people staying there and paying rent. We thought we were bad in the forties and fifties with four in a bed lol! It will be interesting to see how they managed

Wonder was there a queue for the toilet

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• The Large apartment block that was planned for Crumlin village against the wishes of most Crumliners has not been granted permission. It would have looked silly

This is Brickfield today so very unlike when I was growing up
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                      The Large apartment block that was planned for Crumlin village against the wishes of most Crumliners has not been granted permission. It would have looked silly

Is that the apartment block that is planed for where Mooney’s pub is now,or the Hub as it is called now

Comment

• Yes Rasher someone put up a picture of how it would look if erected and it was so strange, Glad permission was refused

Comment

Yes Rasher someone put up a picture of how it would look if erected and it was so strange, Glad permission was refused
                          They build apartments all over Tallaght Village and they are an eyesore,plenty of backhanders I suppose.

Comment

The Large apartment block that was planned for Crumlin village against the wishes of most Crumliners has not been granted permission. It would have looked silly

I used to play soccer there in my early days...it used to like glass field , full of broken bottles and stones... that's a great change for the people of the area, looks like a nice place to have a walk .
                            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                              I used to play soccer there in my early days...it used to like glass field , full of broken bottles and stones... that's a great change for the people of the area, looks like a nice place to have a walk .
                              I played there also Cosmo and many a bee I caught in my jar. There was a Jam Factory beside it, Kavanaghs I think and the smell hovered on the air attracting the bees.

The weeds were high and in their midst broken bottles jars etc. yet my friends and I loved to play there for hours on end on long endless sunny summer days. It looks so lovely now as does many other Crumlin Fields

Comment

• I remember my brothers making these in the fifties and there would be a great deal of pushi8ng and it took off at speed with no brakes it did not stop until it hit the path, and sometimes you tumbled off and ended up on the ground severely winded, But you did it again and again

]
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X