True Or False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    IN AUSTRALIA>>...The water goes down the plughole in the opposite direction to that in European countries ????.
    hmm......i recall a simpsons episode when they went to oz and bart was testing that out (yes i know he's american) but can't remember the outcome.....however i'm going to say true.....

Comment

Originally posted by katiemorag View Post
      hmm......i recall a simpsons episode when they went to oz and bart was testing that out (yes i know he's american) but can't remember the outcome.....however i'm going to say true.....
      let's leave it open for now....
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Yes it goes down in the opposite direction...

Comment

Nope .

Comment

Leave it a bit longer.....

Comment

yes ,opposite direction to top of the world.
              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                IN AUSTRALIA>>...The water goes down the plughole in the opposite direction to that in European countries ????.
                i think this is a trick question......the water circles the plughole in the opposite direction but it still goes DOWN (in terms of gravity)

Comment

As I understand it, in the northern hemisphere the water swirls to the right and goes down the plug hole that way. in the southern hemisphere, the water swirls to the left and goes down the plug hole.

Comment

I remember when I was there I deliberately went out of my way to try it as I was always fascinated by it.....flushed the toilet and I honestly didn't notice any difference between the flow in Europe and Oz
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

well i've been looking this up on google and youtube and from what i can gather there's no definitive answer......some people say it's a fact, some say it's a myth, some say it depends on how long the water is sitting before the plug is pulled, but the most confusing thing is that some sources say it's clockwise in the northern hemisphere and counter-clockwise in the southern, whereas others claim the opposite!

Comment

All good answers so far....and lots of chat ....thats good......Id say those living there might know....something about it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                          I remember when I was there I deliberately went out of my way to try it as I was always fascinated by it.....flushed the toilet and I honestly didn't notice any difference between the flow in Europe and Oz
                          Might be more obvious if there was a floater on top ......if ya catch me drift .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                            Might be more obvious if there was a floater on top ......if ya catch me drift .
                            I can catch two letters of dat drift floater.

Comment

I lived in Oz for over 20 years and the water always went down the plughole in the opposite direction....but that was 17 years ago....things may have changed since then...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                                I lived in Oz for over 20 years and the water always went down the plughole in the opposite direction....but that was 17 years ago....things may have changed since then...lol...
                                Must be climate change ey?.

Comment

Working...
                                X