No announcement yet.

Anything American in cryptic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent guess dinny but no, these people are not Quakers.

Give a helping hand but "we're not Mother Teresa"

(this might have been a bad choice for cryptic. These people aren't famous but have been in the news for an unusual act of generosity)
    Last edited by Eileen; 19-11-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eileen View Post
      Excellent guess dinny but no, these people are not Quakers.

Give a helping hand but "we're not Mother Teresa"

(this might have been a bad choice for cryptic. These people aren't famous but have been in the news for an unusual act of generosity)
      Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Nope, not that entrepreneur dinny. This group of people aren't famous - but they had more than most. Downsizing helped some on the gold coast. Ray Charles might help you find where these peaches are from.
        Last edited by Eileen; 20-11-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Has it something to do with Hurricane Irma hitting Georgia ?
          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• No, but these people do live in Georgia!!

Better to give than, nah receiving is good too.

Comment

• Perhaps groups like Atlanta mission for homeless, Safehouse outreach....Atlanta childrens shelter..so many
              today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

• I want to give you a little credit here Tony without misleading you. There is a charity involved but that's not what you should focus on. This group of people did something unusual and then that's when the charity came in. Here's a no kidding hint - this group of people is actually a family. They did something few would do and donated half to charity.

Georgia

Better to give than, nah receiving is good too.

Downsizing helped some on the gold coast.

Perhaps Alwen can help.

Comment

• Let me know if you want to keep guessing or for me to give you the answer. I think this one might be too difficult because these people are not famous. The father and daughter wrote a book about what the family did and why they did it, but I don't think many know about them.
                  The girl's first and last name can be found in the clues.

Comment

• Good one Eileen I saw the hidden name. Hannah Salwen..a remarkable family. They sold their home for $2million and gave $1 million to help those in need and they didn't have to look far as they came across homeless on their drive through their neighbourhood. The mother had a $ 500.000 job, she gave it up to be a local teacher with a small wage. Hannah's father gave up his big job too.They should be VERY famous. Thanks for letting us know about them Eileen.Hannah was the ONE who was was willing to give up too.The family is also involved in many charities

Comment

• Well done Tony!! They really are a remarkable family. The world needs more people like Hannah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eileen View Post

Well done Tony!! They really are a remarkable family. The world needs more people like Hannah.
                        If my life had of depended on it ......I'd of been dead and buried Eileen .

Good suss Silver .

Comment

• LOL I know Twobob. I felt bad as I was thinking of clues because these people are not famous and therefor the answer was a lot harder than it should have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                            If my life had of depended on it ......I'd of been dead and buried Eileen .

Good suss Silver .
                            twobob it was easy when Eileen said it was a hidden clue, as I am used to looking for those, otherwise I'd never have got it. It was great to learn about this family

Comment

• I'd say generally you would find it hard to miss this wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
                                I'd say generally you would find it hard to miss this wonder.
                                wood you believe

Comment

Working...
                                X