Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalan Referendum - your vote counts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    I said yes just so i could view the poll results and see what the rest of you thought...

what will be will be..

As they Basque in the Sunshine.....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

sipping vino and waiting for their handouts hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
        sipping vino and waiting for their handouts hehe

They will get those no bother.....

Comment

see life is good lol.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
            Northern Ireland or parts thereof may claim independence from the Republic....After a referendum to Unite Ireland.....

Ireland may not deny them Democracy....
            Is that so ? And what 'referendum to Unite Ireland' might that be ?
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
              Is that so ? And what 'referendum to Unite Ireland' might that be ?
              That would be a referendum to unite Ireland.....Just as I said before....

it seems you know of a ''what referendum''.....What referendum is that ?

Comment

Northern Ireland or parts thereof may claim independence from the Republic....After a referendum to Unite Ireland.....

Ireland may not deny them Democracy...
                That would be a referendum to unite Ireland.....Just as I said before....

it seems you know of a ''what referendum''.....What referendum is that ?
                You appear to be a bit confused (again)... the Border Poll I was referring to is a referendum for the electorate of the Six Counties. It's provided for in the Good Friday Agreement...

Sinn Féin are set to trigger it with the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland to occur in the next couple of years - the increase in the nationalist population coupled with the majority vote in the Brexit referendum for NI to remain in the EU have created a new dimension to what would until recently have been a tribal roll call which no one was in any hurry to generate.

The outcome of such a referendum would be with the people of the north - it's their decision. There are no other 'united Ireland' polls or referenda on the cards or in anyone's agenda - those matters were put to bed twenty years ago during the GFA.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                  You appear to be a bit confused (again)... the Border Poll I was referring to is a referendum for the electorate of the Six Counties. It's provided for in the Good Friday Agreement...

Sinn Féin are set to trigger it with the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland to occur in the next couple of years - the increase in the nationalist population coupled with the majority vote in the Brexit referendum for NI to remain in the EU have created a new dimension to what would until recently have been a tribal roll call which no one was in any hurry to generate.

The outcome of such a referendum would be with the people of the north - it's their decision. There are no other 'united Ireland' polls or referenda on the cards or in anyone's agenda - those matters were put to bed twenty years ago during the GFA.
                  Never confused where I sit....

Brexit happened despite all the future forecasters....
                  Now didn't that put the shoite up the so called clever ones.....LOL

There is no history of keeping to agreements regarding the North.....what will be will be whether you think you are clever or not and I think you certainly are not..

Comment

looks like trouble , the feds say the referendum is illegal , the cats want to leave and the gibs want to stay brit, trouble east and west .
                    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

SF are keen on this referendum, 33 international politicians from 16 nations acting as "observers" are in Catalonia to ensure a "fair" vote. SF are sending 4 of the 33. What's the bets that the rest are from loony nationalist parties too?

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                        SF are keen on this referendum, 33 international politicians from 16 nations acting as "observers" are in Catalonia to ensure a "fair" vote. SF are sending 4 of the 33. What's the bets that the rest are from loony nationalist parties too?
                        The Tories ? Nah... they'll be busy with their annual conference kicking off in Manchester today.

Comment

Well written article giving the Spanish case against having the referendum here...

The Catalan secessionists deliberately forget that the Spanish Constitution was approved by more than 90.4 per cent of voters in Catalonia, and that its adoption sealed a democratic transition which was a model for the entire world

Comment

One reporter states that if it's carried that it will be declared Independent within 48hrs .........what happens then , only trouble I assume .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                              One reporter states that if it's carried that it will be declared Independent within 48hrs .........what happens then , only trouble I assume .
                              No people should be imprisoned like that against their will....esp as they are wel able to look after themselves.
                              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

They have started a revolution.
                                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X