Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    why not just stand outside in the wind and drip dry
    It's a bit nippy for that here this morning. Anyway, it was a false alarm - I found one that wasn't too bad and used that.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Breaking news: all the towels are in the wash and the tumble dryer is bust. Tomorrow I shall have to dry my body with a tea towel. Will keep you updated.
      Keep it clear of the cups and saucers for Christ sake .

Comment

It's a bit nippy for that here this morning. Anyway, it was a false alarm - I found one that wasn't too bad and used that.

Kate just jump up and down, you will eventually dry and save yourself a visit to the gym. Enjoy the jumping!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          why not just stand outside in the wind and drip dry
          MK you have just reminded me of a very funny story my boss told me years ago. I used to live in Cabinteely and sometimes I used to get a lift home from my boss, if he kept me late, as the 86 bus was not frequent. We used to go via Glenamuck Road.

In those days, the houses on that road all had hedges and trees and things and were very private. It was a long narrow road. The 63 bus used to go down there and turn at Mart Lane. It was always a single decker bus.

There was a well known athlete, who was retired from athletics at that time, living on Glenamuck Road. The bus stop was outside his house. When the weather was very good, sometimes he used to go out into his garden early in the morning scantily clad, nor not clad at all. He never had to worry about privacy because of the hedges and the fact that the bus was always a single decker.

Anyway, one morning the sun was brilliant in the blue sky and the weather was just fantastic, so he headed out to his garden as usual, but this time with nothing on at all. He stood there and had a good stretch and looked up at the sky and thanked God he was alive. Then he became aware of people looking at him.

It happened that that day the normal 63 bus broke down and for the first time ever, it was replaced with a double decker bus. All the people on the top of the bus were looking down at him stretching au natural in his garden.
          So Katie be careful about drying yourself outside.

Comment

But was he worth seeing Vico?

Comment

Breaking news: all the towels are in the wash and the tumble dryer is bust. Tomorrow I shall have to dry my body with a tea towel. Will keep you updated.
              Use your hair dryer, have a blow dry.
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                Use your hair dryer, have a blow dry.
                Never thought of that one.......

Comment

Never thought of that one.......
                  Remember to keep it on low.
                  I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                  Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                    Remember to keep it on low.
                    And out of the bathroom....
                    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

But was he worth seeing Vico?

I don't know Katie I wasn't on the bus. But I know what his face looks like, and armed with that knowledge, I sort of would not really want to see any more. I am willing to die wondering on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                        MK you have just reminded me of a very funny story my boss told me years ago. I used to live in Cabinteely and sometimes I used to get a lift home from my boss, if he kept me late, as the 86 bus was not frequent. We used to go via Glenamuck Road.

In those days, the houses on that road all had hedges and trees and things and were very private. It was a long narrow road. The 63 bus used to go down there and turn at Mart Lane. It was always a single decker bus.

There was a well known athlete, who was retired from athletics at that time, living on Glenamuck Road. The bus stop was outside his house. When the weather was very good, sometimes he used to go out into his garden early in the morning scantily clad, nor not clad at all. He never had to worry about privacy because of the hedges and the fact that the bus was always a single decker.

Anyway, one morning the sun was brilliant in the blue sky and the weather was just fantastic, so he headed out to his garden as usual, but this time with nothing on at all. He stood there and had a good stretch and looked up at the sky and thanked God he was alive. Then he became aware of people looking at him.

It happened that that day the normal 63 bus broke down and for the first time ever, it was replaced with a double decker bus. All the people on the top of the bus were looking down at him stretching au natural in his garden.
                        So Katie be careful about drying yourself outside.

Hysterical lol....see you never really do know whats going to happen next...,

Comment

That is true MK you really don't

Comment

a cranky aul git from dublin moved into the house beside us when we came here first....he was narky cranky,and a horrid neighbour, and being from dublin didnt buy him any points so our house went up for sale shortly afterwards.. the house hed bought had been redone for electrical wiring and theyd plumbed in a new bathroom upstairs.......so one day as im cutting the grass out comes his kid and wife screaming......seems every day after work on arrival at home he hit the toilet.....read his paper and screamed instructions at the family...(i think they hated him as much as i did lol) but this day.....as hes screaming down.....the floor caved in...the toilet went thro it, thro the kitchen ceiling and i ran in to help his wife as his legs dangled down into the kitchen with his trousers falling off hahaha..and him holding a roll of toilet paper while he tried to keep himself up by holding the broken floor....i never laughed as much in my entire life..i laughed so much i had pains in my ribs for days.....the fire department had to come and get him out....my only regret was they didnt have iphones in the day hahhaaahaha.....he didnt speak to me for the remainder of the time i lived next to him.....and he kept very low key in the area since....i believe he still lives in the house..

Comment

Serves him right MK that is poetic justice

Comment

i know....two street either direction from his house were having parties to celebrate hahaha....best thing i ever saw vic, till i myself fell thro a ceiling hahha....poetic justice for the laughs i had about liam lol

Comment

Working...
                                X