Daingean ..County Offaly.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    The mindset appears to live on.....with these so called charitable religious people still dishing out their own kind of warped justice.....some neck.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/r...ol-812919.html
    The are still living in the dark ages. This sort conduct is totally unacceptable. The nun should be denounced and sacked by the RC church.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
      The are still living in the dark ages. This sort conduct is totally unacceptable. The nun should be denounced and sacked by the RC church.
      Dead right....the oul judgemental birch should keep her nose out.....her likes have a lot to answer for.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• From its re-establishment as a Reformatory in 1940, Daingean was a poor solution to a problem that had been allowed to escalate to crisis proportions. The interests of the boys were not prioritised in the discussions leading up to the opening of Daingean.
        Daingean’s isolation, clearly identified as a problem by Government officials, was regarded as an advantage by the Congregation. Isolating boys from family and friends was part of the ethos of the Institution.
        The lack of clarity with regard to responsibility for maintenance of the buildings in Daingean, identified in the Department of Finance letter, proved to be an on-going problem which contributed to the appalling living conditions of the boys.
        The complainants who gave evidence mainly came from backgrounds of poverty and neglect. Although they all came through the court system, very few of them were hardened criminals. Daingean did not address the special needs and disadvantages of these boys.
        The chapel at Daingean.....A hellhole indeed.
        Attached Files
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          The mindset appears to live on.....with these so called charitable religious people still dishing out their own kind of warped justice.....some neck.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/r...ol-812919.html
          Alive and kicking ......sadly .

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
            Alive and kicking ......sadly .

my daughter was refused a teaching job because at the time her and then boyfriend was not married, a big loss to the school as she`s a great and respected teacher by the students and staff at her school now .[this was maybe ten years ago].
            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Has anyone bothered to tell the hiring officials that it's the 21 century?

Comment

Working...
              X