Comment

• Fuscos Chipper in Crumlin
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
          Fuscos Chipper in Crumlin
          Joan is that shop on St Agnes Road?

Comment

• No Vico The Crumlin Road here is one maybe more familiar to you it was in Rialto
            Attached Files

Comment

• Joan by any chance do you recall exact where in Rialto it was located. My grandmother lived in Glenmalure Park, so I would know Rialto fairly well. I can't figure out exactly where the shop is from the picture. thanks

Comment

• I will find out for you Vico I do know it was in Rialto but it was many years ago. Here is a photo I know you will recognise I loved the smell of Andersons and all the sacks of grain on the floor it was a great shop to visit as a Child
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                  I will find out for you Vico I do know it was in Rialto but it was many years ago. Here is a photo I know you will recognise I loved the smell of Andersons and all the sacks of grain on the floor it was a great shop to visit as a Child
                  I do indeed recognise that one Joan, I remember Mr Anderson very well, a very nice man

Comment

• Kells Road Crumlin
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Very impressed

Joan , I discovered your wonderful thread only a few days ago which prompted me to register for the site. I was born and raised on Stanaway Road .....no 232 to be exact .....I like the bit about the 83 Bus showing Kimmage and the 50 ...Crumlin .....I discovered early on there was a bit of a disputed border between Crumlin and Kimmage
                      I went to school on Armagh road .....with the dreaded nuns firstly and the not so Christain Brothers across the road .....shared a class with Phil of Thin Lizzy fame ....have so much to say but I have lived abroad since the early 70s and for the last 27 years in Moscow Russia of all places ...... I have some great stories to share but I do not see much activity here any more ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
                        Joan , I discovered your wonderful thread only a few days ago which prompted me to register for the site. I was born and raised on Stanaway Road .....no 232 to be exact .....I like the bit about the 83 Bus showing Kimmage and the 50 ...Crumlin .....I discovered early on there was a bit of a disputed border between Crumlin and Kimmage
                        I went to school on Armagh road .....with the dreaded nuns firstly and the not so Christain Brothers across the road .....shared a class with Phil of Thin Lizzy fame ....have so much to say but I have lived abroad since the early 70s and for the last 27 years in Moscow Russia of all places ...... I have some great stories to share but I do not see much activity here any more ?
                        Hi Nick , and welcome to the Forum . How is the weather over there ?
                        Please share your memories of Crumlin , I'm sure they will be appreciated .

Comment

• Love to hear them Nick I felt like a voice crying from the wilderness lol! I am sure there are many memories we have in common

Comment

• Nice to hear from you Joan and Bo.....well as I mentioned I was born and raised on Stanaway Road .....we could see the gasometer beyond Sundrive park....tip/dump .....went to visit my niece who works for Google recently and she lived in a posh apartment inside the great old landmark .I remember at one time back in the early 60s I had three jobs .....I got up at 3:00 AM and walked in the dark to a farm on Poddle Park .....I believe it is all residential now. The owner drove a Morris Minor van and we would go to Dublin Dairies to load it with milk and then set off around all the roads of Crumlin .....he was competing with the DD guys of course but he had his own eggs and other farm items to deliver . I would then head off to school after the round ....after that I had a paper round and a few times a week ....without my parents knowledge I was a lounge boy in the Stone Boat ....that's where I first met Christy Brown and all this before I turned 14
                            Bo....the weather has been very strange this year ......we have a dacha , country house , outside Moscow and we are used to temperatures which can get down to -35......this New Year was the first ever 'Green' one we have ever witnessed ....no snow at all.....thankfully we now have a nice white blanket in time for Russian Christmas on the 7th Jan
                            Last edited by Nick Rossiter; 06-01-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Nick you remind me of my brother Tom who at about eleven or Twelve had a milk round with Dublin Dairies., His main man was called Jerry and the customers would call them Tom and Jerry.

He loved Christmas when the customers would ask Jerry to send over the boy and much to Jerrys disgust he would get most of the tips, He was up early and back for an hour to bed and then school. He is still a very sunny person and despite dreadful health issues he is always cheerful.

It is thought that Stanaway Road was for the Poshies and that is why its called Stanaway meaning away from us ordinary Crumliners lol! I think we referred to it as Kimmage

Comment

• Joan ....you make me smile ....Stanaway for the poshies
                                You seen to have a good association with St Agnes' Church .....we used to attend the Corps disco to the left hand side .....many fond memories

Here is an old pic ....I have named some of the people ....maybe you recognize some of them?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X