X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
    he's behind you.......lol
    There's very few I'd let behind me....for sure. One open to the floor is this the interior of the Adelphi or the Ambassador ?.....an don't take all night ...Okey Dokey !
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

that don't look like the leinster........?????????????? not as i remember..lol
      See...why yu no riszen.....http://dublinforum.net/forum/showpos...&postcount=154

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
        There's very few I'd let behind me....for sure. One open to the floor is this the interior of the Adelphi or the Ambassador ?.....an don't take all night ...Okey Dokey !

ok brother.....the adelphi....

i wonder what that means.....lol
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
          The Star (Rats) in Crumlin. Seen Planet of the Apes there and a few John Wayne films
          Another view of the Star JG.
          Attached Files

Comment

ok brother.....the adelphi....

i wonder what that means.....lol
            You have passed that test....go to the front of the class....now you are a fine example to all the other duffers behind you.... Were you ever in the Killester Cinema...or did you have no shoes.

Killester Cinema.............defunct.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
              As yer out that far....a bit further wont matter, Balbriggan Savoy 26 Oct 1987.
              There were two Cinemas in Balbriggan one ran by the priests. Balbriggan.net has a bit about them. Link

Anyone read the book mentioned on Dublin Cinemas?

Comment

• i was in one house in killester.......the maids name was trixie....

the house belonged to mr gannon who had a business at 192 parnell street....his wife worked in the twa offices in o'connell street.....

i thought....one day i will not have a big house like this.....the capitalist barsteward......
                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
                  Regal Cinema... part of or adjacent to the Theatre Royal in Hawkins Street... closed in the early 1960s.

[ATTACH]38389[/ATTACH]

Nicked from a post by DTW on here... http://www.dublin.ie/forums/showthre...ublin/page1277
                  Caught red handed.......here's a bit more I collected on the famous Royal....a stage I just happened to have performed on with Paddy Crosbie c 1957/8.

Think there were three Royals in total.....first two burned down....and the last as you know turned into the eyesore we came to hate as Hawkins (backhander) House.....Something I learned from a .ie poster a good while back...was that Mickser Reid.....lost his work when the Royal Closed....an picked up a job later on as a labourer helping to knock it down....irony in it's essence !

If my memory serves me...this is the first Royal 1821....eventually burned to a shell.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 11-12-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                    There were two Cinemas in Balbriggan one ran by the priests. Balbriggan.net has a bit about them. Link

Anyone read the book mentioned on Dublin Cinemas?
                    Thanks NT....No but I've seen three good books for sale...but haven't read any yet....just snippets....the one by the Ex Prinner Usher and his mate looks by far the best...might get it in time.....most of the gear i have I collected over hours around the net....sad eh...but beats watchin Tele.

This is Theatre Royal No2 1910...with the Winter garden to the right. Nice building.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Royal No2... another view. Roadworks haven't changed...though I think it might have something to do with the sewer gas explosion, when the copper lost his life....but don't quote me as I haven't checked the dates.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• After the fire which destroyed Royal 2...No 3 Kicked off in 1935....here's the opening prog. And from here in I must acknowledge Mr Lloyd for allowing me free access to his material to record here for others to enjoy for as long as Boxy doesn't pull the plug.lol X2. Opening Night Prog 1935 courtesy Mr Arthur Lloyd. Interesting eh...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• No 3 Theatre Royal looked like this........and it was a Bobby Dazzler. Someone mentioned the Regal Rooms....Afternoon tea and hot scones for the elite among other things .
                          Attached Files

Comment

• This artist captured the atmosphere....seems it was loved by one and all....that's why they kept rebuilding it...I think.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• By all accounts...It had the finest the world could produce in an organ.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

• And later ....the finest to play it....our very own one and only Tommy Dando...I'll never forget him....comng out of the floor....when you were in the Theatre Royal....you knew you were somewhere special.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X